ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3: "𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞"

Kill POV:

I immediately went back to our room after dinner. I just realized that there are four of us in a room. Although the room is spacious, I still felt uncomfortable. I honestly never slept with anyone in the same room whether there is a single or multiple beds. But Fire, my childhood best friend, was always been an exception.

Fire and I met because our parents are really close and are business partners. Our house are just few houses away from each other. People involved in business are naturally busy and normally we were just left in the house together with our servants so either of us crashed over one's house, no wonder we grew closer than anticipated.

In later years of primary school, both of us grew being admired by everyone. Apart from the fact that we are the richest, we both excel academically and in extra-curricular activities as well. Although Fire can never beat me in academics, he is more famous in school especially with girls . I like girls too, there were girls who approached me too but seeing Fire always being surrounded by a lot of girls turned my jealousy switch on. But I neglected it because we were friends.

Our parents sent us to KSI International School for High School. We lived in a condominium since our houses were quite far. There we met Rain and Blue who turned out to be our great friends. Fire and Rain were so much alike so they got closer while Blue and I turned out to be perfect friends because of our similar traits and hobbies.

Fire had countless of relationship with countless of break ups too, in every break up he always crashed over my condo. He laid on my bed, played video games, and drunk a couple of beers then the next day he got another girl.

I can never tell whether Fire is really broken-hearted or just playing around but he never fail on every examination and even came out second in our year behind me.

"Fire, when are you going to be serious?" I asked when I saw him seeping on his second bottle of beer.

"Im serious, those girls just can't stay after we had sex." Fire replied with a snicker.

"Maybe they always get turned off," I answered with a loud laugh.

"Dude I'm huge!" Fire blurted out and gave me two punches on my left shoulder.

"Huge my ass! Dude I already saw that few years back, that can't grow really that big same as what you think! Hahaha!" I jokingly fired back. I know it's the opposite of what I said.

"Asshole! Come here! I'll slap it in your face!" Fire shouted while throwing pillows to me which I successfully evaded every every single of them. I threw those back then it turned into a pillow fight.

I was smiling with those thoughts and was drifted away when I noticed that someone was kneeling at the side of the bed and was looking at me with his face just few inches away from me.

"What do you want!" I angrily spat out when I noticed that the man was still not moving away from me.

"You..."

"Get lost, I'm tired!" I immediately cut him off.

"You are resting on my bed, perhaps you want to sleep with me," he calmly replied with a teasing smile.

I abruptly left the bed with so much shame that I forgot to apologize. I threw myself into my bed and covered all of my humanity with the blanket.

"Liam, My name is Liam Jones." I heard him said. I realized that it was the same guy in the conference hall earlier who kept on gazing at me and gave me a charming smile.

I neglected him. Instead, I thought about my life. My life during high school, when I am still happy with my best friends and with my family. I wondered how would be my life right now if my parents are still alive.

"Why did this happen to me?.

"What have I done to deserve this?" I asked himself.

I remembered my parents, my loving parents. Our family have been good to everyone especially to those unfortunate ones. I never thought that my parents would be involved in the Mafia. All these years, I believed that Fire's parents are their business partners.

"But the Mafia can't take our wealth that fast if they don't have any documents with them.

"My parents could have been fooled by those people...

"Or maybe they have been threatened just like P'Mae and I," I earnestly thought.

My thought was suddenly shifted to my best friend Fire.

"Where were you Fire?

"Where were you when I needed you the most?

"I stayed by your side in every ups and downs of your life.

"I was there when you needed me.

"I was there in your every break-up.

"I was there in your every victory.

"I was there in your every failure.

"But where were you?

"Where were you when I was defeated?

"Where were you when I cried?

"Where were you when I lost them?

"Where were you when I fought for my life?

"Where were you Fire?

"Were you very disappointed of me?

"Did you feel gross?

"Did you curse me?

"Were you ashamed because you met me?

"Were you very disgusted of me that you chose to turn your back and forget about me?

"You probably hated me more than I hated myself.

"I hate myself for loving you, my best friend."

I did not notice that I was completely shallowed by my thoughts, not until few tears showered my face. Tears that later on rained because of the pain and sorrow that made me realized how miserable I am right now.

After my parents' death, I acted strong. I pretended to be fine. I learnt to hid my sadness and anguish. But I always failed in front of my P'Mae.

"I promise that when I get out from here, I am tougher and I will never be a crybaby anymore," I resolutely thought.