ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35: "𝙹𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚗"

Liam POV:

March 2019
Tokyo, Japan

Just five months ago when we completed our latest mission— eliminating Sebastian Emmanuel Escobar, the drug lord of Colombia . It took almost three years before the client contacted us to assassinate him after the death of his son, Diego Escobar, in Sicily, Italy. The death of prominent people in Taormina, Sicily on October 2016 have caused so much turmoils afterward. The alarums and excursions slowly shaped the new society of Colombia, Russia and Italy. We haven't heard so much from Flavio Denaro nor from Moglevich family but Sebastian's organization tried to hunt down Flavio. It was already January 2018 when Russian and Italian society became stable and free from the cruelty of the Mafia. Sebastian on the other hand created innumerable uproar which led to his assassination.

We received a new job last week. We have to eliminate Hiran Chaipatana, the leader of all Chao phos (Mafia) of Thailand. Chao pho is a term used in Thailand to describe Thai organised crime groups. Chaipatana committed illegal activities: drug trafficking, murder, racketeering, extortion, loan sharking, assault, smuggling, illegal gambling, prostitution, money laundering, arms trafficking, and robbery. He recently started to expand his illegal businesses all over Asia and was reported to be involved with Asian Triads which mostly have been destroyed by us this past years thru the request of the clients.

Chaipatana have been traveling around Asia this past months and arrived yesterday in Tokyo, Japan to meet the Oyabun (Yakuza leader). Yakuza are members of transnational organized crime syndicates originating in Japan. Chaipatana will deal with Takahashi Hiroto who is a Japanese Yakuza, the seventh and current kumicho (supreme kingpin) of the Yamaguchi-gumi, Japan's largest yakuza organization.

Sophia and I arrived here in Tokyo three days ago while Kill just landed today. Ever since the new task has been assigned, Kill has been acting differently. I don't know why, but I saw in his eyes that the urge to complete this task was greater than what we had before. Probably it's one of the changes I needed to see from him. He has been doing every job professionally since he was reprimanded by the agency after the massacre in Taormina. He denied that he has participation with it but Sophia and I believed that he helped Flavio. We didn't speak out about it nor interrogated Kill.

Kill and I have been living together for three years already, still disguised as couples. I still teased him but he really changed. I don't know if he just matured or just acted cold towards me. It hurts but I love him, at least he still stayed with me, I should just be contented with it and be happy instead.

"Hey! Where are you?" I asked Kill. I was out to buy some stuff and decided to call him. He texted earlier that he already landed in Haneda Airport.

"Hotel," he coldly answered.

Kill will be staying in Park Hyatt Tokyo where Chaipatana booked too. The hotel was 22-minute ride from the Airport. Sophia and I checked in Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo which is 10.7km away from Park Hyatt.

"I missed you!" I uttered.

"OK!" he replied. He was really cold.

"Ouch!" I faked a cry.

"By the way, Sophia already made a reservation in Nadaman for dinner," I informed. Actually I lied. If he knew that it was me who made the reservation, he will probably reject it but he can never say no with Sophia. She's always a good excuse. I already informed her earlier and she agreed in one condition, I should pay. Girls are girls after all.