Chapter 44 - The Filmmaker's new dream

LAST PART of the story. Please leave a comment at the end. Let's end this story on a happy note.

---***---

4 months later

"Vikram, wake up. Wake up, you sleepyhead." Shubha shook her husband to wake him up.

"Five minutes Subbu." Vikram pulled the comforter above his head.

"It's Naveen's wedding today" said Shubha. "He's so worried about the wedding that he has gone half mad already."

"Men go mad only after getting married" said Vikram. "Like me."

"Excuse me! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. It's rubbish. I tend to speak rubbish in the morning, right after waking up." Vikram tried to cover up.

"I will let it slide for now. We'll discuss it later. After returning from the wedding." Shubha smiled sweetly.

"Please have mercy, my Queen." Vikram got off the bed and bowed. "Do not punish thy humble servant." He embraced her.

She smiled. "Okay. Brush your teeth, take bath and get ready."

He looked at his clothes. "What are you wearing?" She showed him her saree.

"It reminds me of your wedding saree. Remember how happy you were to have Chris performing all the rituals as your brother?" He winked at her.

"All my friends laughed at me. Who would make their favourite actor, their brother? Except me." She chuckled.

Vikram went to take bath. Shubha opened her wedding album and started viewing the pictures. She stopped at the picture of Latha applying turmeric to her face. She smiled remembering their conversation that day.

"Amma, will my face turn yellow, like a jaundice patient?" Shubha asked Latha.

Latha smacked her head. "I will make sure that your face is clean. This is just a ritual." The ladies smeared the turmeric paste to her face, occasionally teasing her and making her blush.

"I never thought I would get to witness this day" said Shubha, trying to blink away tears. "Thank you, amma."

"Shubha, no. I won't allow my child to shed tears." Latha wiped Shubha's tears. "Smile. Come on. What will people think? That I am being a typical mother-in-law, making her daughter-in-law cry?"

Shubha laughed at this. The twins Dhruva and Disha smeared the turmeric paste on her face. The still called her Shubha akka though Vikram asked them not to.

"It's our turn now." Dhwani looked at Pragathi, who was busy with her phone. "Wait. Let me upload this picture."

"Pragathi garu, don't forget the hashtag. TheVibhaWedding." Rukhsar reminded her.

"Yes. I almost forgot." Pragathi included the hashtag, which was trending everywhere. The girls smeared the turmeric on Shubha's face. "Let's take a picture and make Vikram jealous" said Pragathi. They embraced Shubha and clicked a picture.

They forwarded it to Vikram. 'We got to embrace her before you could.'

They received a reply from him. 'Hahaha... I already embraced her.... Twice.'

The girls gasped. Shubha hid her face. The rest of the morning was spent teasing Shubha.

"Darling. I can't find my perfume. Can I use yours?" Shubha was brought back to the present with Vikram's voice.