Chapter 18 - Think like a woman

How about we follow a schedule for updates? Like two chapters per week at even intervals. What do you think?

---***---

"Naveen, have you read this stupid article about Vicky?" Pragathi called Naveen early in the morning.

"You mean there's an article suggesting Vicky is stupid?" asked Naveen, groggily.

"I'm serious Naveen. I will forward the link. Read it."

"Pragathi, there are hundreds of articles published every month about him. What's new--" Naveen stopped speaking as he read the title.

Exclusive! Superstar Vikram Varma spotted with mystery girl.

Vikram Varma, one of the biggest stars of Telugu Film Industry has shocked all the cinema lovers with his decision to direct his own film. The 27-year-old actor is leaving no stone unturned to...

Naveen skipped the boring part. He scanned for the main news.

While the entire unit was seen vacationing in Alleppey, the actor turned director, Vikram, was nowhere to be seen. Wondering where he was?

Well, he was spotted twice on the same day in the company of a girl. Rumours started floating around about a probable affair between the two. Adding fuel to the fire are the photographs posted by a fan, where the mysterious lady's face is hidden. The actor was seen wrapping his hands around her shoulder.

Sources close to the actor have revealed exclusively to our news portal that the duo are just friends and Vikram is busy with his work with no time for dating. Vikram Varma's fiance-to-be, Dhwani, is unavailable for comment.

"Nonsense!"

"Her first film is not released yet and they started publishing rubbish about her." Pragathi was worried for Shubha, whom she came to regard as her best friend in the industry.

"I'm glad her face is not visible. And who's this source close to the actor? As if Vicky's team has nothing to do except answering their questions." Naveen knew Vikram was used to all these. But Shubha was yet to learn. "Let's see if she is affected by this. If yes, then let's console her."

"Okay. Are you coming to Chris's home today?" asked Pragathi.

"Yes" He talked to her for a few minutes before ending the call. He went to get ready. They were meeting up for lunch at Chris's house.

---***---

"Subbu, my cousin will be here with her twin babies tomorrow." Vikram was excited.

"Babies? Latha aunty said they are six-year-old" said Shubha. Latha's niece, Sandhya, who lived in Australia, was coming back to India. She enrolled her children in a school in Hyderabad. She would need some time to sort out things in Australia and return to India. Until then, the children will live with Vikram.

"I call them babies. They will always be babies to me."

"Nanna used to say that whenever amma scolded me. After that amma used to scold him for supporting me" said Shubha, reminiscing her childhood memories.

"I used to like this word. Baby. It sounds so good. After growing up, I came to know that we use the word for our romantic partners."

"I don't like that term used that way" said Shubha.

"What endearment term would Subbu like to be used for her?" He asked in a mischievous tone. "How about honey? No? Pumpkin? Sweetheart?"

Shubha imagined her future husband calling her 'sweetheart'. She couldn't see his face. But the voice oddly sounded like Vikram's. She shook her head. "When will Sandhya garu come back?"