Chapter 27 - The promotions

"Look at all these comments for the trailer!" Shubha exclaimed.

"Anything new?" asked Vikram.

"No. The same old comments saying, 'I don't understand this language but I love the trailer', 'Vikram anna Industry Hit guarantee', 'All the Best from Missing Star Manohar fans', 'Hit like if you agree this film is going to break all records', etc, etc.," Shubha read out few comments.

Vikram chuckled. "Some of these may look funny. It's just their way of expressing love."

"Yes. I used to feel annoyed earlier. Now I understand. I respect those who liked the trailer. But I have special liking for those who took time to type a comment. You film stars are so lucky. They love you so much." Shubha smiled at him.

"I'm glad our trailer broke the internet. Number of views isn't something one considers when they upload the trailer. But this, does put a smile on my face." His grin grew wider.

"That famous dialogue combined by that villainous grin makes you look evil." She giggled. 

"Okay. Ms. Giggling Girl. Time to sleep. By the way, what colour are we wearing tomorrow?"

"We? You mean all of us will be wearing the same colour like school uniform?" She frowned.

"No... yes. Maybe."

"Pragathi says girls should wear white and boys should wear black. That will make us look like angels and demons. But I said yellow. Have to see." She yawned. "Good night."

He went to his room to check if he had a yellow shirt. 'Why don't I have a yellow shirt?' He considered calling his designer. 'No. What am I doing? Am I a school kid? I'll wear whatever I like.'

---***---

Shubha looked at the setting of the game show in which they ask questions. The answers were provided to them before the shooting commenced. "This is cheating." She didn't like it. Everything was scripted including how much time they should take for each answer and what dialogues they should speak while pretending to discuss.

"We don't want to make fun of ourselves in front of everyone. Do we?" asked Vikram.

"I understand. But why do we need to wait till last second to say the chemical formula of Acetic acid? A child can answer it ." She said disapprovingly.

"I can't" Vikram muttered, trying to remember the formula. "It ends with COOH. Right?"

"It's CH3COOH." She answered. "I refuse to be humiliated. If I don't answer this my friends will laugh at me."

Before he could convince her, the show started. "Hello, this is me, your favourite host, Ajit. Welcome back to your favourite show." The host did a weird hand movement which earned applause from the audience.

"What's that?" Shubha whispered.

"His trademark style I guess" Pragathi whispered back.

"Shh! He's calling us." Dhwani shushed them.

The host called them one by one using weird titles given by fans for each person. Vikram and Shubha started the game.

"Let's hear it for superstar Vikram and his beautiful co-star Shubha" said Ajit. He asked Vikram a few questions about the film. He turned to Shubha. "Shubha garu. Tell us about yourself."

"Hello. I'm Shubha Narayan. I'm a physicist." She started.

"Physicist? Newton's laws, Gravity, formulae and all. Right?"

Shubha didn't know if she should burst out laughing or feel angry. "Something like that. Probably a bit more advanced."

Vikram fought the urge to laugh. "Shubha is a very intelligent girl. A big asset to the film."