Chapter 29 - The Proposal

"Chris. These seniors are so cruel." Vikram complained.

"Ragging is common in colleges. It will end in few weeks." Chris didn't pay attention.

"You don't understand. This is harassment. There's this group that forces us to smoke. We can't fight them. They are our direct seniors."

"If they are your direct seniors I am their direct senior." Chris gathered his group and hid behind the wall. He asked Vikram and Naveen to walk ahead.

As expected, the bunch of idiots called them. "Entertain us. Finish this packet in an hour. The one who coughs will get one more."

"I have a better idea of entertainment." Chris emerged from shadows. "How about we all kick you while you stay silent? The one who yells will get ten more."

"Anna! We didn't do anything. These boys are smoking. Look at that packet of--"

"Kid! Just don't." Chris flexed his muscles and smirked. His friends did the same. "Now form a line."

Vikram smiled at the memory of his initial days at college. Chris had always been there for him. Whenever there were things he couldn't share with his parents, he would approach Chris. They loved each other like brothers. They were just too cool to admit that.

Like a dutiful elder brother, Chris helped him with everything and always kept his secrets. Vikram was in dilemma. Telling the truth would create complications in his Chris's life. Hiding it would increase problems in his Shubha's life.

He was forced to choose one among them. He called Dhwani. "We should have done this long ago. We can't live our entire lives in fear. You helped me get married. Now it's my turn to make sure that my marriage doesn't end. You go, seek what your heart wants." She advised him.

He felt slightly better. He decided to take one step at a time. He would tell his mother first. The next step would be taken based on her reaction.

He told his plan to Shubha. "I'll talk to her in the evening, when she returns from office."

"All the best."

He started his workout session in his gym. Shubha was sitting idle. She missed the twins. Earlier that month, they left with their mother for their new home.

She started reading a book. She received a call from Chris. "Good morning Shubha. What are you doing?"

"Just sitting idle. You?"

"I have an interview scheduled tomorrow. I am going to announce that you are my favourite actress."

"Are you serious?" Shubha was surprised.

"Yes. Why shouldn't I? You are everyone's current favourite now. Haven't you seen the fan clubs formed for you? And your pair. What can I say about it? Vibha is everyone's OTP now."

Shubha understood. "Chris garu. What do you want?"

"Nothing." Chris lied.

"Tell the truth."

"An ugly looking picture of Vicky boy." He said excitedly.

"What?" Shubha chuckled.

"Yes. It's been so many days since we had pranks week on the set. I am planning an offical pranking session on the day we return to shoot for the next part." Chris explained.

"Why do you need his picture for that?"

"Just imagine Vicky walking into the sets and we greet him with his huge ugly picture. His expression will be priceless."