Chapter 35 - Seriously serious

Updating early on public demand. Happy Independence Day.

---***---

Vikram was in a bad mood. He requested for breakfast to be served in his room. He planned on sleeping soon after eating. It was only when Latha threatened to break his legs that he changed the plan and took bath.

"I'm going to office. Listen. Cook something for lunch. Don't sit idle." Latha instructed before leaving.

He almost slept when he received a phone call. "Sir, this is Kavya calling from ABC Advertising Agency. We need to have a discussion regarding the concept of our new jewellery advertisement. Your manager said you are free now. Is it good time to talk?"

"Hello Kavya. I'm sorry. I'm not feeling well. Could we talk about this later?" Vikram knew he had to finish the shooting before the filming of second part started. The jewellery ad was for the jewelers who provided the ornaments for the film. 

"Sure sir. I have just called to inform you that both the Jewelers and the creative director think this concept better suits you and Shubha madam. Not Dhwani madam. They are planning to contact her. Good day sir."

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Why? Why not Dhwani madam?" asked 

"As we all know sir, you and Dhwani madam are not a couple. We are planning two different advertisements. One with Chris sir and Dhwani madam. One with you and Shubha madam." Kavya informed him.

"I'll think about this and let you know." Vikram ended the call. 'What do I do now? They will call her and she will think I orchestrated this.' He wondered if he would have to face her wrath.

He tried to sleep when he received a call from Chris. "You are sleeping? Aren't you supposed to work on wooing your girl?"

"I don't think it will work now. The decision is hers and I will accept whatever she decides." Vikram explained the situation clearly. After a lot of advices and discussions he ended the call and tried to sleep again, only to be woken up by someone tapping him on the shoulder. "What is it? Why is everyone disturbing my sle-- Oh! Hello."

Shubha stood there, giving him the sweetest smile he had even seen. "I'll come back later if you are busy sleeping."

"No. No. Please. I am not sleeping. Just napping." He asked her to sit down. 

"I'm here to talk about the letter."

"The letter? Yes." His heart sank.

"I'm really glad you explained everything clearly in that letter. You made me feel a lot better. Now that you have made it clear that you will support me in whatever I do, I am here for your help." Her smile was dangerously sweet.

"Sure. Tell me. How can I help you?"

"I want you to help me choose a guy from matrimony website." 

"Come again."

"Matrimony website. Come on. Keep up." She opened the website. "Look at him. He is handsome. Isn't he?"

He glared at the phone with such intensity that it was a wonder it didn't break into a million pieces. "Looks normal to me." 

"He is handsome. Okay? He is from the US. Earns well. Family stays here in India. What else can I ask for?" She giggled.

"If he is from the US, how can we run a enquiry?" asked Vikram.

"Enquiry?"

"Yes. What if he drinks? What if he smokes? What if he had girlfriends in the past?" Vikram listed out the cons.