Chapter 14 - Primitive technology

Hello everyone. My love for Kerala keeps showing up again and again. Can't help it.

---***---

"Yes! We leave for Kerala tomorrow. Can I make a post in your social media account?" asked Shubha.

"It's not your job anymore. I will do it" said Vikram

"As if you can handle it without my help."

"Excuse me. I have been handling all my accounts myself since one year. It's not like I can't do it without your help."

"Really? Then what's your current password?" Shubha looked at him as if challenging him.

"It's Mayabazar1957" replied Vikram. "My favourite black and white film."

"Wrong. I changed it long ago. Now it's Missamma1955." Shubha smirked.

"You changed my password and I didn't even notice. Oh God! I am so busy these days that I never opened my social media accounts." Vikram then realized that ever since he has taken up his father's responsibility, he stopped taking care of himself and his household duties. He also noticed that Shubha started taking care of his mother and shared the responsibilities. His mother would have felt lonely and miserable if Shubha wasn't there.

"Are you thinking about Latha aunty?" asked Shubha.

"How do you know? Wait. Let me guess. Science of deduction?"

"No. I am beginning to understand you." She answered.

"Thank you Subbu." Vikram thanked her sincerely.

"What for? Changing your password? I did that to annoy you."

He chuckled. "My duty is not just limited to being an actor now. I am also the director and sort of producing the film. And then there is my duty towards my friends and family. My mom. She needs me the most at present. All this is overwhelming. I couldn't have handled it if you weren't there. If there is someone other than mom and Chris, whom I can trust blindly, it is you. All the little things you do for me make my life a lot easier. Like how you helped me last week when my manager was ill. Thank you so much."

Shubha shook her head. "You are praising me too much. Shubha. Don't let Vikram sir butter you up."

They laughed again. They entered a room in his office which had a system that wasn't allocated to anyone. "We save important documents here." He unlocked the computer and opened a folder with private and confidential data about upcoming projects, which required his voice as the password. He did it in the presence of few of his trusted employees. He took what he needed and and turned it off.

"It seems you have a lot of things saved here." Shubha remarked.

"Yes."

"Is it safe?"

"Of course it is. We use advanced technology to protect these files." Vikram answered.

"What if I steal your data?" said Shubha.

"Are you going to record my voice while I speak the password and use it?" Vikram chuckled.

"Your thought process is as primitive as the technology you use." She hacked it and showed it to him.

"I guess I have to agree with you now."

"I can enter the building and the system without any credentials or access cards. I can also gain access to your confidential data. Please go for an upgrade. Or else you will have to handle a security breach soon." She looked smug.

"Guys. Look into this." Vikram told the employees.

He followed her out of the room. "I still don't understand how."