Chapter 10 - Ship Name

"What's wrong? Remember the sword fight sequence? Your performance was extraordinary. What's the problem now?" asked Vikram. It has been a month since Shubha started shooting. Including the part that was completed by Vikram's father, almost a half of the filming was done. He arranged archery classes for Dhwani and Shubha for the upcoming scenes.

"That sword fight scene involved punching and kicking. I did that with my Karate knowledge. But this archery is not something that can be managed with mere physical strength." 

"Come on Subbu. Are you saying that minus the physical strength, you are nothing? A complete actress is someone who gives excellent performance in challenging scenes. Only then people will recognize you." 

"I'm not an actress. I'm just a scientist. I don't even know how to stand in front of the camera. This is overwhelming." Shubha complained.

"None of the famous actors we see today, were superstars by birth. Keep trying. You are improving. Concentrate on your training" said Vikram, encouragingly.

She didn't complain anymore. What he said made sense. 'He is right. No one is a star by birth. I just need to work harder.' She decided. Before she could thank him for his kind words, he said, "Your performance doesn't matter as long as I win The Best Director award for this film." He winked at her. 

Dhwani, who was in the same hall, burst out laughing. "Sorry.... I couldn't... you guys are so funny." 

Shubha glared at him. "Did you wink?"

"No. I just blinked." He said trying to look as innocent as a toddler.

"No. You winked."

"You are hallucinating. It's okay. Girls dream of earning a wink from superstar Vikram. I can understand."

Shubha glared at him while Dhwani laughed again. She shook her head and concentrated on practice. "Okay. I'll leave. Have to resume shooting." Vikram walked out of the hall.

Dhwani followed him out of the hall. "Vikram. Wait a minute."

"Yes. Any problem?" He asked.

"I think Shubha is tired. She has been shooting continuously since the first day. And now these archery classes. She needs a break." She said.

"Okay. I will ask her to sleep for a while."

"Not sleeping. She sleeps every night. Ask her to take a weekend off and do whatever she wants. And I think you too need a break. Tomorrow is Friday. We have work till afternoon. Let everyone disperse after that and meet again on Monday." She suggested.

"Not a bad idea." He nodded. 

"Remember. I said weekend. Not just Sunday." She emphasized on the word weekend.

"Okay madam." He agreed.

---***---

"Yes! I'm free this weekend. Can't wait to meet her" said Chris.

Naveen cleared his throat. "Someone's desperate."

"I meant my grandmother." Chris tried to do damage control. But no one believed him. Dhwani and Shubha giggled.

"Say hello to your grandmother" said Shubha.

"If it really is your grandmother, bring me one of her white hairs when you return" said Naveen.

"My grandmother uses hair dye." Chris lied again.

"Chris. Stop lying. Admit it." Vikram turned towards the others. "He is going to meet his ladylove. You guys will understand when you fall in love."