Chapter 26 - Poster launch

"Okay kids. This is where the stars get their makeup done. Don't touch anything." Vikram's assistants were giving a tour of the studio to the kids of cast and crew.

It was 'Bring your family to work day'. Shubha requested Latha to organize it. "It's not just the contribution of those who worked here, but also those who waited for them at home without complaining. They missed so much family time because of hectic work. It's only fair that we honour them." Latha readily agreed.

"Why do we have so many lights?" asked one of the kids.

"To help see better. To make sure that the makeup suits the artist perfectly" said Shubha.

 To make sure that the makeup suits the artist perfectly" said Shubha

"Do you all get makeup done here?" asked Disha.

"No. My makeup room is in the third floor. It's very huge and spacious than this."

"Wow. I want to be like you when I grow up. You get beautiful dresses and makeup." Disha looked fascinated. She stared at the surroundings with a dreamy expression.

"Akka, are you the main heroine of the film?" asked the Production Designer's son.

"Yes. She has a fighting scene with my uncle." Dhruva answered proudly.

Shubha remembered the misunderstanding the kids had earlier. She quickly changed the subject. "Let's go and have lunch."

As they climbed down the stairs, Disha ran and held Vikram's hand. "Take me to the room where the weapons are kept. "

"No. I don't have permission." Vikram refused.

"Please. I will just hold the big big knives."

"You mean swords?" asked Shubha. "They are not real steel swords. They are made of carbon fiber."

"What is that?" Disha couldn't understand.

"Carbon fiber is used because it has high tensile strength, low weight, high chemical resistance--"

"Do you really expect a six-year-old to understand this?" Vikram interrupted her. "Disha. The weapons we use are all duplicate. Going there will be waste of time. Have your lunch."

Disha looked angry. She stormed away. After lunch they selected few interested kids to demonstrate how filming is done.

"When the camera is far away, this group will look towards left. This group will look the other way. The one in the centre will have sunglasses on. Once I say action, the camera will move towards you. You all should slowly turn your heads to look at the camera. The girl in centre will remove her sunglasses and stare at the camera with confidence in her eyes. Now practice turning heads slowly. It should be in sync with the music." Vikram instructed them.

"Is this how you shoot songs?" asked one of the kids.

"Yes." Vikram nodded.

The kids had fun shooting, while their parents cheered them. "Where is Disha?" asked Shubha.