Chapter 28 - The Premiere

"Chris, Vicky has gone mad again. He says he won't attend the premiere show. He's planning to run away." Latha called Chris.

"Again? I'm coming." Chris got ready and started for Latha's place.

"Where is he aunty?" He asked after reaching.

"In his room. Now he is refusing to come out."

"This boy will never change." Chris shook his head.

"I'm sorry to interrupt. I don't understand what's happening." Shubha looked confused.

"Vicky boy has a habit of getting extremely nervous on the day of exam results. He always plans to run away." Chris explained. "Don't worry. He won't go anywhere. He is too cowardly to do that." He added.

"But this is different. We got good response for the posters and trailer." Shubha pointed out.

"He won't be normal until the first weekend is over" said Latha. "I can make an excuse for his absence. But I won't. He has to learn. He's not a kid. His parents won't be there to look after him forever." She looked worried.

"Aunty please calm down. I'll handle it." Chris assured her and went to talk to Vikram. "Vicky boy."

"Chris. I'm so worried. I should have taken some more time. I shouldn't have planned to release it so early." Vikram was sitting on the floor.

Chris sat down beside him. "Relax. It's the perfect time to release. No big release for three weeks from now. We have got a good screen count."

"I'm talking about quality. As long as it's under production, everything will be our hands. Once it is released, we can't do anything."

"That's my point. Now you can't do anything. Just relax and enjoy the result." Chris patted him.

Vikram wasn't convinced. "What if the result is bad?"

"Whatever the result is, you won't be alone. We are in this together. We'll face it together."

Vikram looked at Chris. His previous movie garnered mixed reviews. If the current one didn't get good result, then the worst affected person would be him. Yet he was there, trying to help his friend. "Okay. I won't run away."

"And you will attend the premiere this evening. If you need a break, let's go on a trip to Vegas next week. She won't mind." Chris suggested.

"Which she?" asked Vikram.

"Oh! I keep forgetting that you too have a she in your life now."

"Shh! Keep your voice down. What if mom hears? By the way, your girl might agree. Mine won't. I've decided. The next time I go out of the country, my darling will come with me as my wife."

"Hello! Slow down. Have you proposed to her yet?" Chris asked him.

"No. How do you generally propose?"

Chris facepalmed. "You are an actor. How come you don't have an idea about proposing? Give her a ring and ask her to marry you in a polite and romantic way."

"Why ring? She doesn't like rings. I'll give her something else like bangles or pendent" said Vikram. "I'll talk to Bhuvan next week and convince your mother-in-law. You father-in-law will have no choice but to accept."

"Will Bhuvan agree?"

"He is the most sensible guy I've ever known. He will help us. I should have done this earlier instead of trying to get hold of the evidence" said Vikram.

Shubha knocked the door. She too looked nervous. "What? Are you running away now?" Chris asked her.

"No Chris garu. I have to wear stilettos today. What if I fall down?"