Chapter 48

The third Prince of Lumin Kingdom

Kirsten reverted the dagger into its cubic form and stood up. A sigh of exhaustion left her lips while her gaze was still fixed on the ground where the demon had died.

"So, that's how a demon dies."

She uttered nonchalantly and turned away. With a swift motion of her hand, the dimension she created broke like glass.

"Welcome back master."

Ethernetus kneeled before her with a smile on his face. She nodded in response and scanned the whole place.

"How did it go?"

"After giving the cure to the Duke, Reinan led the remaining knights of Montero and successfully defeated the traitors. As what you have commanded, the traitors were captured alive and were brought to the duchy to present their betrayal to the empire."

Kirsten nodded once again and let out a small hum in her lips.

"I see. Those traitors will probably take suicide, make sure to not let them die until we squeeze out some information."

"Yes master. Where do you want to go next?"

"I will rest a bit in the Dwarves fortress, and tomorrow we will immediately depart to Lumin Kingdom."

"Yes master. Have a good rest."

Ethernetus replied before vanishing before her.

When Ethernetus was finally gone, Kirsten was left deeply thinking about her fight with the demon.

"Still not enough. I managed to defeat that demon because I had time to prepare."

Kirsten clenched her fist, with her eyes showing a strong gaze. After fighting the demon, she has now completely understood her current level. In terms of ability and strength, she is stronger than that demon indeed, but just fighting one demon took a huge toll on her. Even now, she still feels a tingling sensation from using a large amount of mana and aura at once.

Still, that fight was a good experience for allowing her to gain a profound understanding of what she's lacking at the current moment and needed to acquire in the future. With limited time, she must rapidly enhance her abilities. However, by disrupting their plans, there's a chance they could expedite their execution compared to the novel's schedule.

"I only have two years to train freely."

But for her that will be enough. After she gathers all the information from these events, then her preparation will be finally completed.

"Why am I working so hard? Tsk, even in this life I still can't have a peaceful life."

She uttered with an annoyance.

Though she admits that she enjoys the thrills of her endeavors in this life. She likes the people she has met so far and Luminaria feels like a realm that resonates with her, a world she wishes to claim as her own, cherishing every part of it.

~*~

A week passed by after the incident in the South was spread all over the empire. Every noble and even commoner is buying articles that provides every detail that has happened. The citizens of the empire were divided into various factions that have varied speculations of what truly happened.

It naturally alarmed the peace and safety of the empire because the articles wrote about the existence that people thought only existed in legends and demons.

In a small inn, found in the deep part of the capital, two drinking men were talking about the article.

"Do you think demons really exist? Our great grandfathers often told us stories about demons in the past but no books actually proved they exist."