Chapter 27

The Second prince

The sun was almost setting down when Kirsten finally decided to visit his father.

Celine was silently following the young lady behind her.

As usual, she was wearing her fake smile and greeting all the maids and royal knights they encounter. Because of this, her name was becoming the center of the talk of the servants. Praising her for her looks and kindness.

Of course, she isn't doing this for nothing.

"Here we are milady."

"Thank you for taking me here Celine. Please wait here outside, I want to spend my time alone with my father."

"Yes milady, enjoy your time together."

Kirsten entered the room and she didn't bother to announce her arrival. Her eyes immediately fell on the man sitting comfortable in the sofa, sipping a tea and reading some documents.

When the door closes, Kirsten opened her mouth and called him.

"Father."

The Count who was so immersed with  the documents in his hands did not noticed her arrival. When he heard her voice he immediately put down on the table everything and faced her.

"You're late."

Contrary to his cold voice he has a soft expression in hus face.

"Did you missed me that much father?"

Kirsten said and grinned. But the Count did not respond and patted the space beside him.

"Come here."

Kirsten obediently followed him and sat beside him. Without saying any words, the Count put his wide hand above her head and slightly stroking it.

Kirsten didn't complain since she was used to it. He often do this when they're alone.

After a few minutes, Kirsten looked at the documents and got curious.

"What is that?"

"Some works I brought here to finish. It's about the county's economy as well as the current status of each city in Margina."

Kirsten took the papers on the table while the Count continued stroking her hair.

"Wow, we are really poor."

"Right? That's why I wasn't surprised when they laughed at me when the Emperor announced my suggestion."

Kirsten chuckled imagining the nobles laughing at his pitiful father.

"Laughed? Well, it is a laughable case indeed."
"But I wonder if they can still laugh if they find out what we are going to do next. I can't wait for it."

Both of them smirked and let out a dangerous aura around them. If Celine was in the room she will probably faint with the amount if pressure coming from the two beast.

Before they came in the capital, they've prepared a lot of things in order to achieve their main purpose in going into the palace.

It is to establish power.

Power is hard to acquire in this world because there three factors you have to gain to achieve it.

Wealth. Connections. Talent.

As if now, wealth is the only thing they lack but they already prepared something for that so consider it done. They only need to do some finishing touches before the entire empire shakes with big news.