Chapter 40

Duke of the East

"What?"

An assassin kneeled before his lord while his head was facing on the floor.

"Mana crystals was found in the forest of death in the land of Margina my lord."

The loud sound of a vase hitting the wall made the assassin flinch. He tightly clenched his fist to hide his fear towards his lord.

"Impossible! How could that lowly noble found out about the mana crystals! No, this is not good anymore. The numbers will not stay silent about this."

The man which is the master of the assassin threw another vase and anything that he could see within his sight out of his anger.

The assassin remained silent waiting for him to calm down. His master keeps repeating the word numbers like crazy. He personally did not meet who are the numbers but what he know is that they are the one that his lord receives orders on what to do. They are powerful and just by hearing their name makes him shiver in fear.

"Ha, send more watchers in the East. I am certain that a meeting will be held in the Imperial Palace once again therefore, pass my message to that man in the South. I guess it's time to also make our move."

"Yes my lord." The assassin replied and immediately disappeared.

The mysterious man looked outside the window. He took a cigarette from his pocket and lit it up and put it on his mouth.

"Count Austin Bruella, what you've done will be the start of your downfall."

~*~

The news on the success of the exploration in the Forest of death in the East was immediately spread out just after a few days.

"My lord, a letter from the Imperial Palace has come."

Count Bruella opened the letter and as expected it was from the Emperor.

The content of the letter was actually an invitation to attend an Imperial meeting once again that will be held next week. As soon as the news of their victory exploring the forest of death reached the Palace, the Emperor immediately decided to bestow a medal to the Count. 

Their success was not only to benefit the East but to the Empire as well. A stepping stone for Cyprus Empire towards progression.

He put the letter on his drawer and look at the butler.

"Is there anything else?"

"Yes Count, reports from the three cities have arrived as well."

Count Bruella read the reports sent by his knights and she can't help but form a smirk upon reading the content.

"How cute."

He put the papers down on the table and take off his reading glass.

"Tell my family about the invitation and prepare for it. Also, send my message to the knights assigned from each cities. I need an immediate response before the week ends."

"Understood, my lord."

The butler followed his lord's command and immediately search for the Countess first to inform her. He stopped by on the working maids to ask where the Countess is and they said that she was in the garden having a tea.