Chapter 31

The Blessing of the Elves

The day that Kirsten has been waiting for finally arrived. She was back inside the fortress of the elves and now everything was ready for the ritual that they are going to do in bestowing the blessing of the elves which also means receiving the Luminaria itself.

Her heart was thumping in excitement because Ethernetus had already told her what kind of blessing she will receive. It is more valuable and precious than what she got from the dragons.

"Please step inside the circle summoned being."

Kirsten followed what Eloivaire said. Eloivaire has a serious expression in his face. One thing that she has noticed on the character of the elves is that they are not expressive however they are arrogant as well.

Just like now, the elves around her has a confident look on their face as if they are certain that she won't succeed.

"I am giving you a warning summoned being. If Luminaria rejects you will lose something precious in you. When Michael was rejected, he loses thirty years of his life."

Ethernetus has said the same thing so she wasn't surprised anymore. To be honest, she felt her heart going crazy upon hearing it for the first time. She doesn't know what kind of being Luminaria is. The elves did not said that he/she is a god but they called him/her as the nature.

But Kirsten is certain that whoever this Luminaria is, she need to face that being because she has a good feeling that Luminaria is somehow connected to her reincarnation in this world.

"How about we make a bet?"

A sly smile emerged in Kirsten's face that made the elders frown.

"Are you trying make us do some human tradition such as betting."

"Oh I didn't know you know about bets this would be quick then."

"We refuse."

"Come on, betting won't kill you."

"We refuse."

Kirsten clicked her tongue and grinned.

"What an old fashioned people."
"Will you still refuse if I say I will bet myself to the elves."

Eloivaire frowned even more.

"How low do you think we are summoned being. We do not-"

"I know you are hungry for knowledge. And as someone who came from another world I have so much to offer. What I mean by betting myself is having a control over me. You are very wary of my existence right? If you win, you can do whatever you want from me or let me do whatever you desire for me to do. However if I win, I will do the same thing to the elves. What do you think?"

Kirsten had a confident smile on her face that made the elves hesitant to agree. It's a very tempting offer indeed. They don't know where did she get that confidence that Luminaria would accept her but that won't change the fact that she will be rejected.

The elders went to whisper something to Eloivaire that made him sigh. Even if Kirsten won't use her hightened senses she is certain that the elders want to accept the bet.

"Fine."

Kirsten clapped cheerfully and showed an excited expression.

"Great! As expected, the elves are wise!"

The carvings inside the circle where Kirsten was standing at glowed brightly which is an indication that the bestowing of blessing will start.

"We will begin."