Chapter 21

Meeting the Emperor

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

Kirsten accepted the hand of her father to escort her out of the carriage.

As soon her feet touched the ground, her eyes met once again the enormous palace in front of her that she last saw during the royal ball.

There are a total of at least twenty Royal Knights escorting them as they walked towards the main entrance of the Palace.

"That man really want to show off every time huh."

"Who are you talking about."

"Who else."

'Is he talking about the Emperor? It seems they have a special relationship that again wasn't mentioned in the novel.'

Kirsten didn't bother to ask anymore and just focused on the way.

But just when they were about to enter the main entrance, Kirsten felt someone staring at her from a far. It doesn't contain any bloodlust or greed just like what she felt during Irisviel's tea party. So she take a quick peek from the east side of the Palace and immediately made an eye contact to the person who's been staring at her for a while.

A smirk pursed in Kirsten's lips when she saw the shocked expression of the little prince who quickly closed the window when their eyes met.

'I finally got my revenge after what he did during the royal ball. At least I got to see another expression from his face aside from his arrogant look.'

"Fix your face lady, don't tell me you're going to present your self to the Emperor with that expression."

She didn't noticed that they are now heading close to the throne room where the Emperor is waiting for them.

"Count Austin Bruella with her daughter has now arrived!"

After their arrival was announced to the Emperor, they went in silently inside the room and walked closer towards the Emperor.

The Emperor was giving them an intimidating look as they walk. But Count Bruella remained his usual cold  but formal demeanor and Kirsten had a slight smile plastered in her face.

"Greetings to the Imperial Majesty, Emperor of Cyprus Empire."

Count Bruella and Kirsten did a formal curtsy in greeting the Emperor.

"You may raise your head."

"Thank you your majesty."

They raised their head and faced the Emperor.

"Leave us."

The Emperor said to all the Royal Knights and just a few minutes only three of them remained inside the spacious room.

Kirsten was silently observing the two. However, the next thing they did made her winced as soon they started releasing string auras around the place.

'If I am an ordinary person I would have been crushed with this amount of pressure.'

Kirsten just sighed and wait for them to stop.

After a few minutes they finally stopped. And suddenly, the Emperor laugh loudly while looking at Count Bruella with a pleasant eyes.

"It's been a while Austin."

"Same goes to you your majesty."

Kirsten was amused seeing the Emperor called her father casually with his first name. She never thought Count Bruella has a strong connection with the Emperor.