Chapter 38

The truth

The East region is a land that is almost considered as an isolated place that people cannot go in and out easily unless if you are a noble. Also, the rulers of each parts of the East especially the main guardian of the forest of death chose to seclude themselves focusing only in guarding the place from any possible attack coming from the forest. 

For people outside the East they treat it as a cold and lonely place.

But lately, the citizens of the East specifically in the land Margina are becoming noisier lately due to the recent announcement that the Count gave to the people of the land. A lot of knights are also walking around the place lately which is causing a little panic to them considering that they are also seeking new employees for the County.

"Hey, did you hear that the Count is planning to do an exploration in the forest of death which means they will go deeper inside."

"I know right? Isn't that too dangerous? Although we are talking about the Count but still.."

In a small inn where most commoners and mercenaries gathered were talking non-stop about the recent events and the center of this topic is the Count. A rumor was spreading that the sleeping dragon of the East has finally awoken and showing his fangs to the Empire.

"According to the maid from the House of Bruella, it seems that the Count was doing all of this for his bedridden daughter who was poisoned a few months ago. He must be really furious."

"Yeah, I heard that too. I haven't seen the young miss yet but I heard the Bruella family cherishes her much."

"But I guess, these changes is not too bad. Maybe this could be the start of the rise of the East right?"

"Well, let's just see how this goes."

Meanwhile, inside the house of Bruella, the family gathered around the pale body of Lavender in her bed. She lost her natural skin color and her body looks like a corpse although she is still breathing.

"Mother, I will grow up stronger and protect sister."

Louise said while clenching his fist and holding back his tears. 

"We will son. They must have been aware that Lavender is our weakness so they targeted her. They will all pay for this."

The Countess replied with full of rage in her eyes. 

It is already the routine of the family to visit the the room of their bedridden daughter every morning. They are hoping that one of these days, Lavender would open her eyes. She is the light of the manor and the one who brought peace to the family.

While staring the his wife and son, the Count just sighed because he knows that they still have to wait for more than two years for Lavender to come back. He doesn't know what his daughter was planning to do but she trust her capabilities. It hurts his pride to say it but she is smarter and clever than him. Probable by now, she was doing something crazy again to get stronger.

"Count, how's the preparation for the exploration? Are you sure it is going to be okay?"

The worried voice of the Countess brought him back to his senses.

"You don't have to worry about it, everything is ready except for the knights. They still need to strengthen their immunity to the strong pressure inside the forest."

"But why are you so sure that we can get something inside that ominous forest? Did actually you perhaps found something already?"

The Count raised a corner of his lips.