Chapter 29

The Plan

Flashback..

"Dad."

The Count woke up because of a tiny and weak voice calling to him. No one other than his daughter called him this way so he immediately get up from his bed and roamed his eyes around the room. He was being careful not to wake up the Countess beside him who's tightly hugging his arms.

"I'm here."

The Count followed the voice and finally she saw a figure in the terrace standing behind the door. He was aware that Lavender, his daughter, have gone through the forest of death alone. He expects her to be in her room by now but it seems the 'short stroll' she promised was all just a lie since it is currently dawn.

He opened the terrace gently but as soon as his gaze saw her state he unconsciously broke the door holder and manifested his aura.

"Calm down dad, I'm fine."

He took a deep breath and calmed down himself before going closer towards her.

Her lose hair was being swayed by the breeze of the air and her crystal-blue eyes were shining.

"What happened."

He was talking about the blood all over her dress and in her face. He also smell the familiar foul smell of monsters around her. It seems that her daughter fought some strong monsters.

A grin slowly formed in her lips before she speak.

"I think I already know why they want to destroy us."

But it seems the Count didn't care about what she and he keeps looking at her dress and face.

"Did you go deeper inside the forest Lavender. You told me that you're just gonna take a look yet it seems you did more than what you promised."

Kirsten rolled her eyes. She can't believe he's paying attention more on her state more than the information she gave him.

"Are you going to listen or what? If you're not-"

Let's talk later after you washed yourself.

"Come on! You really know how to ruin a moment."

"You stink with monsters blood."

"Ah seriously."

Kirsten didn't have a choice but went inside their room and go straight to the bathroom. After she cleaned and changed herself she immediately followed the Count out of the room and they went towards his office.

When they arrived inside his office, Kirsten sat in the opposite seat of the Count.

"So what did you find out."

Kirsten didn't bother to talk and decided to show it to him rather than tire herself.

Kirsten opened her dimensional bag and fished out something inside it. When she pulled her hand out, a large block of mana stone came out with it.

The Count was expectedly surprised by it and even touched it if it's real. Although he doesn't need a mana stone because he is an aura user he knew how valuable it is.

"You know what I mean by this right? The forest of death is rich with precious treasures that this world don't know about."

"This magic stone is even more concentrated, clear and refined. It is perfect. Where did you found this?"

Kirsten can't tell what exactly happened and what she discovered entirely in the forest so she just said that she accidentally found it in the middle of the forest while escaping from the monsters.