Chapter 24

The Blessing of the Dragons

Dragons are titled as the ruler of the sky. Because not only of their unimaginable size but also their unmeasurable mana stored inside their body.

Before the chaos began, humans were not aware the true nature of mana and what is a magical affinity. The reason why humans in ancient times are weaker than any races in Luminaria is because they don't know how to control mana which the other races can.

Dragons have the most mana inside them which made them the strongest. However, despite of their superiority humans still managed to find out their weakness that caused their downfall.

In the present time, Dragons are already considered extinct just like the others on the other hand, other races still exist and went into hiding. Since, it's been a thousand of years no one has really thought about them while others considered them as myths.

"Greetings young lady Kirsten, I am Alfier the current King of the Dragons."

In front of Kirsten, a tall and well-built man was kneeling before Kirsten. He has thick scales on some part of his face and body wearing a red hooded robe cloak. 

After entering the forest they immediately went inside the golden gate which has the same size and design to the forest in the land of margina. Ethernetus had already informed the dragons of her arrival so when they arrived, the dragons met them and Kirsten invited the Dragon King for a talk.

"I am certain that Ethernetus has already told you the purpose of my appearance right Alfier?"

"You want my blessing."

A smirk formed in Kirsten's lips.

"The question is, are you willing to give it to a young child like me and more importantly a HUMAN that you loathe the most."

The Dragon stared at her for a while before speaking.

"If Ethernetus has already recognized you as his master I have no complain of bestowing the blessing of the Dragons to you."

He paused for a second and added.

"However, I want to know what is it that you desire aside from gaining power. Based on the aura you have I am certain that you are not someone who desire for fame and peace."

The Dragon King said while looking at her countenance.

"What I personally desire?"

Kirsten giggled before answering.

"Luminaria."

Alfier's pupils were dilated after hearing an unexpected answer. He was expecting that this little girl in front of her wants to own the Empire itself and overcome all the powerful beings in this world. But to think she wants to own this world itself makes him want to see her journey for himself.

"I see you are quite greedy young lady."

Alfier said and grinned at the little girl in front of him.

"I am very angry you know. I was suddenly summoned here as someone with unfortunate fate. I was planning to dominate the world where I originally came from but since someone dared to summon me here I have no choice but to change my target. You are not against with that right."

"Of course not, we, the dragons only wished to live quietly in this paradise that Michael created for us. As long as you promised to protect our peace then we will do our best to support you."

"Rest assured, I am someone who will let my treasure be stolen by others. Just like what you have said earlier, I am greedy."

"In behalf of the dragons, I thank you in advance. Then, please give me your dominant hand so I can give you now the blessing of the Dragon."