Chapter 37

The Royal Family

"See you the next time I see you dad. Just like what I have promised, I'll send you a head of a monster once a month so don't worry too much."

It was already time for them to split up. They have spent and hour only since it may cause suspicion to other if he spent more time inside the forest of death alone.

"Do whatever you want."

Count Bruella said and pat her head for one last time.

"And oh, don't forget about my army. I will send you tomorrow the qualifications needed."

The Count nodded and after a few minutes, he finally decided to go. Kirsten see him off until his back could no longer visible in her sight. She touched the top of her head where the Count usually pat her and a rare kind of smile formed in her lips.

"This feeling is not bad."

Meanwhile, Count Bruella had reached the entrance of the forest. The knights were confused seeing the sudden appearance of the Count because they thought he will stay inside the forest for a long time. He usually check the forest for at least three hours but it seems there's nothing wrong in the forest which is a relief. 

"Airon, prepare to leave. The forest is fine. I an going to talk about something important to the knights today."

Airon who is the Count's right hand immediately bowed his head and placed his hand across his chest to respect the Count's decision. Even though he was questions but he chose to stay silent and trust the his lord's decision. 

"The inspection is over! Prepare to leave!"

It was already pass noon when they arrive at the manor and the Count was welcomed by the Countess and his son Louise at the door. The Countess greeted the Count with a faint smile while Louise had a warm smile in his face. He was happy that his father arrive early so he can ask him to teach more on handling his aura.

Ever since Lavender had fall into deep sleep, Louise was determined to become stronger in order to protect his poor sister the next time she open her eyes.

Count Bruella walked towards the Countess and kissed her forehead while he put his hand above Louise head and stroke his hair. It was an image that the servants and knights never dreamed to witness with their own eyes. The family has changed. They are becoming more like a true family not just bounded by duties and responsibilities. And all of them knew who was the catalyst of this change.

"If only the miss is here."

A servant mumbled but it didn't escaped the ears of the Count. The servant immediately covered her mouth thinking she as said something offensive.

"Airon, bring all the knights in the training ground."

"Yes Count"

The Countess saw the determined eyes of her husband and can't help but ask him about it.

"Did something happened?

"No nothing happened. It is the opposite. A week from now, I will change the image of the East region."

Count Bruella said with a confident look. Louise found it cool and hugged the Count on his leg.

"I don't know what is it but are you doing something amazing father?"

Louise asked with a sparkling eyes.

"Yeah. Let's make this place safe and bountiful to surprise your sister when she open her eyes."

"Yes! We'll definitely do that!"

The three of them had a meal together before the Count went to the knight's training ground. The Count had a very serious expression as soon as he step at the center of the stage in front of the knights. They gulped and ready themselves for what they are going to hear. The Count doesn't usually held an occasion like this and he only conduct this kind of situation when it is something that is really serious.