Chapter 35

The traitors

"It's time."

Duke Welverine said with a serious and cold voice. Irisviel put on her cloak and held tightly the hood that's covering her face.

Three. He is the mesenger of the numbers.

The meeting with the numbers will determine their fate and the fate of this world. The Duke has readied himself in the possible outcome of this meeting. Now that the plan was intervened by an unknown force, the story cannot go on as it is. Lavender Bruella is now useless therefore a new path must be opened. But the goal will still be the same, Count Bruella's downfall and his family.

When the clock ticks at exactly 3 AM, a portal appeared in front of the Duke and Irisviel. Then a maid came out from it which is their assigned servant for the meeting.

"I have come to guide you Duke Welverine and Princess Irisviel."

"Just walk behind me Iris and don't make unnecessary actions."

The Duke said to his daughter ignoring the maid.

"Yes dad." Irisviel answered with a teeny smile but her complexion was not good. She's trying to control the trembling of her lips and hide her fear.

Finally, they step into the portal and just after a few seconds they have arrived in the place where the meeting will be held.

This place is not existing in Luminaria. It is a dimension created by the numbers to ensure that everything that will be discussed in this meeting will not be interfered by others and will remain as secret.

When they arrived to their assigned seats there were already people aside them.

"It's been a while King of Belladonna Kingdom."

"Indeed, it's been a while."

The King replied with a monotonous tone.

"You're still as cold as ever."

The Duke replied with a grin in his face. The maid pulled out their respective chairs so they cam already settle down. The maid bow down her head towards the Duke and the princess before leaving.

The King of Belladonna Kingdom did not reply and remained stoic. The Duke clicked his tongue unsatisfied with the King's response.

"Are you still upset that your daughter did not get the role of the heroine Eldemor? Well, it is quite disappointing that you have to sacrifice your eldest daughter-"

"Provoking me will only make you look like a fool Welverine."

"Provoking? I am just stating facts tho."

The King clenched his fist under the table but choose to keep his demeanor calm. He was already used to his trashy personality but sometimes he can't help but wanting to crush his face just once.

"Father, calm down. There's no need to respond to such childish acts." said by the girl sitting beside the King. It was Historia, the first princess of Belladonna Kingdom.

She put her hand above his father's hand to calm him down. The King sighed and listened to his daughter's advice.

"It seems that you're daughter did not inherited your bad temper Eldemor. You should be proud tho, she's going to die anyway."

The Duke laughed evilly while looking at Historia but the Princess remained compose. She was used to the pointless provocation of the Duke. If she were to act rashly the meeting will be affected. She has to ensure that the meeting has to go smoothly.