Chapter 5

Don't trust the novel

The sound of instruments echoed throughout the hall.

As an etiquette the Princes and Princesses of the empire will choose a partner from the crowd for the dance.

The first prince walked towards Princess Historia and offered his hand.

"May I have the honor to be your first dance, Princess?" The Prince said with a smile pursed on his lips. The crowd especially the ladies were overwhelmed to the handsome and charming prince that has a shiny silver hair and an exquisite pair or red eyes that sparkled like a ruby.

Princess Historia blushed and gently put her hand above his.

"My pleasure."

The nobles who went silent fixed their eyes on the second Prince that is currently roaming his eyes to find a partner.

His eyes stopped on the little princess of Welverine who has a shocked expression when their eyes met. Princess Irisviel made a shy smile after meeting the cold yet mesmerizing red eyes of the prince.

He was about to walk towards the lady when his eyes caught a lady who secretly yawned and has a bored expression on her face.

A corner of his lips lifted and changed his direction towards her.

~*~

"May I have the honor to be your first dance, milady?"

Kirsten's lips twitched while looking at the hand of the second Prince inviting her for a dance.

'What the hell is this kid doing here?! I was not supposed to dance in this event since my role is just to watch the main characters dancing in one floor!'

Kirsten managed to composed herself because of the sudden change of event.

She placed her hand above his and did a curtsy while showing her best smile on her face.

"It's my pleasure Your Highness."

The Prince guided her in the dance floor. The two Princess has already chosen their partner and gathered also at the center.

The music started to play and they also started dancing.

The nobles who witnessed their exquisite dancing remained at the edge of the dance floor admiring the view.

"I never thought that the Prince would chose me as his partner." Kirsten stated as if she is shy.

The Prince gave her an amused look. "You must be honored then."

Kirsten felt like one of her veins popped inside her head hearing his arrogant answer.

"Yes, I am truly honored to have a dance with you Your Highness."

"I can clearly see that in your face lady." He answered with a hint of sarcasm.

Kirsten didn't bothered to speak again and focused on dancing. The second Prince was unexpectedly good at dancing and she is trying her best to match his elegant moves to avoid criticism from the crowd. Since the second Prince did not dance with the Princess of Welverine that he was supposed to dance with according to the novel, they will try hard finding a flaw on her that they can use to criticize her.

'Tch, how troublesome.'

'I haven't done anything yet but the story is already moving in a wrong direction.'