Chapter 1

A Strange Book

Kirsten Vermilton was sitting comfortably in an expensive chair that was made only for her while sipping her coffee. She has midnight-black hair cascading down her back and ragged bangs slightly covering the top of her blue eyes.

She is currently riding in a private plane she designed and made herself to go to Malaysia to meet the President of the country who wished to discuss with her the new model of a flying car she recently released.

Kirsten was the first person who successfully invented the flying car and perfectly copied how the normal car works on land. The car doesn't have a lot of complicated features since it was already automatic. They just need to say the address and the car will do its job.

It may sound impossible to others but Kirsten made it possible. Aside from the flying car she invented other revolutionary invention that shakes the entire world.

"After Malaysia, I wonder which country I should rob next." She said and giggled.

Kirsten was known for having a stoic face and a cold personality. However, whenever she's alone she became a completely different person. Her blue eyes were sparkling when she laughs and she always wears that creepy smile while thinking what schemes she should use to rob her next target country.

Robbing a country means having all access to the countries the treasury of the country.

Her job as an inventor needs a lot of funds so she can continue making them. Kirsten was an existence that was born from a mistake so her family was not that supportive to her. She was able to make it this far because of the money she robbed from her family and to other countries.

Her job as an inventor was everything to Kirsten. The ecstatic feeling she gets whenever she made something is priceless. She loves no one but her intelligence, money, inventions, and power.

"Hmm?" She came back from her senses when she saw something shining inside her opened bag.

Kirsten doesn't like shiny things that much like jewelry so she walked towards her bag slightly tilting her head in curiosity.

She pulled out the shining thing inside her bag and her hand felt a rough rectangular object. She frowned when she saw what it is.

"A book? Weird, it was definitely shining when saw it first but not anymore."

Kirsten decided to take the book with her and sat down back on her chair. She pull her legs up on the table and crossed her legs and put down the strange book on her lap.

Her fingers traced down the unusual patterns on the surface of the book and voice out the book title.

"Perfection."

She thought it was a weird title but she can't help but be curious about what the book is all about.

Under the title was a crown placed in the middle of the two crossing swords.

"Whoever put this inside my bag surely knows my taste. Looking at the symbol it's probably all about blood and war!" She said loudly and finally opened the book with great expectation.

After an hour, a book flew over the wall and fall loudly on the floor.

Kirsten was looking at the book with a sharp gaze. Her eyes were gleaming with anger and disappointment.

"Did I just read a romance novel with an awful plot? Where is the war? The bloody scene? Ha! The person who put this book inside my bag will surely pay for ruining my mood."

She stood up from the chair and walked towards the small window. Her right hand slipped out inside her pocket and fished out a small container and took a round-shaped medicine and put it in her mouth. It was a pill to calm her down.

Looking at the scenery outside the window helped her to calm down. Kirsten was already aware that she has some kind of mental illness since sometimes she can't control herself whenever something made her angry or upset. Once she became out of control, the only way to ease her chaotic mind is to destroy everything in sight. She chose to keep it to herself since the place that she hates the most is hospitals.

She was about to go back on her chair when a loud sound of the emergency alarm was heard throughout the room that made her stop. The plane also started shaking which made her almost fall.

"This alarm.. it can't be!" Her heart was thumping fast as she ran out of the private room. Sweat started to squeeze out from her forehead while biting her lips hard.

Kirsten installed different kinds of alarms in her private plane so she will know immediately what to do in case of an emergency. However, among those alarms, she also installed an alarm that will only activate to confirm the death of a person. She installed it out of boredom but now that it was suddenly activated she is assuming that something must have happened.

She forcefully opened the door to the pilot room and her knees weakened when she saw the lifeless body of the pilot.

"Shit." She hissed.

Kirsten quickly pushed the dead pilot from the chair to take over and immediately pushed the emergency button. This button will temporarily operate itself but it will only last for thirty minutes. It's a new feature that she was still working with but she didn't expect to use it this early.

She sighed in relief when she noticed that the shaky plane was back to its normal state.

Kirsten gazed upon the dead pilot who's lying on the floor. There was no sign of sympathy that can be seen from her eyes instead she was curious what caused his death.

There was no trace of blood or any trace of strangling, poisoning, assassination, and others. His pale complexion and cold temperature are enough for her to know that he is dead.

"But how?" She mumbled and unconsciously bit her nails

There are only two people inside the plane, Kirsten and the pilot. Besides, the pilot that she hired was a young yet one of the excellent pilots in the world. He is also healthy and has a good medical record.

For the first time in Kirsten's life, she can't find any logical answer to the mysterious death of her pilot.

Rumble... Crack!

Kirsten came back from her senses when she heard the rumbling sound of the clouds. When she raised her head, her gaze met the sparkling dark clouds outside the transparent glass in front of her. The heavy-looking clouds were starting to surround the plane that looks like a mouth of a large beast ready to devour her.

"Holy shit."

"What is it again this time?!"

Kirsten feels like her head is going to split up because of the series of problems coming to her one by one.

Boom!

"Argh!"

Kirsten was pushed out from the chair and rolled on the floor like a bottle of water. Kirsten felt a hot fluid run down from her forehead when she hit her head on a sharp object.

She was about to stand up when thunder once again strike down the plane once more causing the plane to turn upside down. Her body was thrown from a different place in the room and she could only do was endure the pain.

Kirsten remained conscious after the series of thunder strikes. However, the plane that was destroyed by the thunder falls like a shooting star on the ground and explodes.

"Ha.. ha.. ha.." A dying laugh of Kirsten was heard in the middle fire.

As soon as she lose consciousness, the remaining pieces of the plane exploded once more erasing the trace of a woman named Kirsten Vermilton, the perfect woman of the modern century.

To be continued...

Note: The images used in this story are not mine. Credits to all the owners of these images.

Enjoy reading!