Chapter 32

Catch me when I fall

"Lady Lavender! It's been a while!"

Kirsten smiled at Cattlea who was calling her name from a far. She was with Briana, Mezia, Jelia, and Hestia.

I waved back at the and started walking towards their direction.

Other ladies was looking at her with envy because she was able to form a relationship with these young nobles who came from prestigious families.

Kirsten was wearing her usual kind and innocent expression that made the other nobles turn to her direction and looked at her in awe.

"Greetings everyone, I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond to your invitations these past few months. My father was temporarily preventing me to attend social activities for my own safety."

She said with an apologetic eyes.

"It's okay Lady Lavender we understand. How about we sit down there to comfortably chat with each other?"

Mezia said with a smile.

"That would be great."

They find a spot which us slightly away from other tables to avoid the gazes of other young ladies.

"Where is Canny by the way?"

Jelia asked Kirsten.

"She sent me a letter and said she was sick so she won't be able to attend."

"Poor Canny. She will missed one of the grandest party in the empire. It seems that Princess Historia is being favored by the Emperor to give her a grand celebration for her birthday."

That is right. It is Princess Historia's birthday.  It is one of the events in the novel where the original lavender attended and attacked Irisviel with rude comments together with other nobles who are in Historia's side. 

Of course, she's just here to watch. She already removed herself in the flow of the story and her role is just to observe and form connections.

This is also where Irisviel started to form connection with the male lead, the first prince. The first prince finally recognized .the beauty of Irisviel and fell in love with her kind and elegant demeanor. 

'I can still remember how disgusted I am while reading this part.'

Love at first sight is just a fantasy. That's what Kirsten believe. She has witnessed a lot of people who said they fell in love at first sight but they ended separated in the end and hated each other.

'I prefer to believe hate at first sight.'

The face of the second prince suddenly pop out in her mind as she think the word hate.

"Oh, it seems that the party will be starting."

Kirsten peeked at the entrance and she saw Historia entering the hall wearing a stunning red dress decorated with expensive gems. By her side was the first prince who is holding her hand as an escort. He was wearing a red and white suit that blends well with Historia's dress. 

"How lovely."

Cattlea commented with a dreamy eyes. 

"The Princess is really beautiful, her strong gaze is also one of her attractive feature."

Jelia added.

And the person who caught everyone's attention is no other than her escort. Prince Lauzen was charming as ever and always have a friendly smile in his face.

"Thank you everyone for being here on my special day. Let's have a good day and enjoy the party."

It was a short speech by Princess Historia as soon as she reached the stage. After that, Prince Lauzen ask her for a dance and they dance on the stage.