Chapter 44

The enigmatic young lady

"Duke, we've successfully subjugated the monsters."

Duke Montero nodded and raised his sword and cried with a loud voice.

"Keep your eyes and ears open! The battle is not over yet! We will now proceed!"

"Yes sir!" The knights responded back and started marching.

"Estevan. Where is Hestia?"

"She's fine Duke, luckily, not many monsters went into her direction."

Estevan, the vice commander of the knights reported.

"Hmm, I see."

The Duke searched where Hestia is and she found him in the middle of the knights. Contrary to his expectation, her eyes were full of determination to proceed, although fear is still evident in her face.

The future is changing again. The Duke thought. 

There is a secret that Duke Montero have that no one knows about except the Emperor. It is an ability that he gained after becoming a Sword master. If mages gains ability to control mana, warriors can manifest aura that does not only give them excellent handling with swords but it also bestows them one unique ability once they reached the level of a Sword master. 

And his ability is foresight.

He can see a glimpse of the future. This future could be an event that will happen any time soon or in the far future. But from the past few weeks, his vision becomes clearer and longer. And the center of it was no other than Hestia. But the future that he foresaw was different from the actions that the present Hestia is doing.

The Hestia he foresaw was fearful, cold and someone who loses her self-esteem and will to live. That is why the Duke is certain that there is a big possibility that his grand son Reinan will die. 

And he will also die. 

'I want to see it for myself, how bringing Hestia here will change the course of events.'

The Duke has a strong feeling that somehow, Hestia is the key to change the future. 

"She might have met a powerful being that has the ability to mess the future. How fascinating."

The Duke mumbled. A slight grin formed in his lips.

~*~

"Is this really okay?"

"What do you mean."

"He instructed us to follow everything without a single mistake, taking the lady with us might harm the plan."

"What can a spoiled lady do to harm the plan. She will die anyway, let her be."

"You are right, but-"

"Stop talking."

"I apologize."

The man bit his lips before going back to his position. 

"Are you okay Sir Estevan?"

A soft voice called his name. 

Estevan jolted in surprise but immediately composed himself.

"I am fine, lady Hestia."