24 Menace from the North eh! II

Bentley: After reading through the log chopping guide it's become painfully clear that to win in the Lumberjack Games, we'll have to cheat. Now, I've constructed a plan that hinges around us acquiring an eagle's egg which is more difficult than you'd think. First, Murray needs to lure a bear into taking out the local oil mains. Once destroyed, the pressurized oil should ignite and create updrafts which Sly will then use to paraglide over to the eagle's nest, grab an egg, and then head back to the safe house. Thanks to Murray's undercover work in the RC Combat Club, we've learned that the Northern Light Battery is hidden in a silo nearby. The battery needs some serious modification if we're going to hide inside it to sneak onto Arpeggio's blimp. First, we'll short the battery with grapple lines on local boats. Then, we'll all break into the lighthouse and sever the power flow to the battery that way it won't recharge. Given my electrical engineering background, this plan has a 97 percent chance of success. Pretty good, huh?

*

The gang heads out to do the jobs. The whole gang had gone to the lighthouse and shut down the battery charger. With the machine offline, the collection of the Northern Lights has stopped. However, the battery silo is still full of energy. Bentley and Murray set off to link the boats to the silo and drain the energy from the battery.

Next, Murray had lured Grizzle Face, a blind and nerve dead bear who can still move around by the scent of smell. Bentley and Y/N blowing fish from water allowing Murray to carry them to the oil mains. The large 900 pound bear uses its strength to destroy all four mains, causing fire to ignite.

With the oil mains ignited, Sly paraglides to the eagle's nest in theake and retrieve an egg before returning to the Safehouse.

Meanwhile, Y/N, Neyla, and Sonar are scouting when headlights have been spotted. They take cover before emerging slowly. Driving pass them was a convoy of trucks and jeeps. The occupants both human and animal are wearing lumberjack gear, carrying chainsaws, axes, and misery whips.

Neyla: Looks like we're not the only ones who wants to win the Clockwerk Talons

Y/N: We gotta to notify the others.

The two return to the Safehouse to tell the others.

*

Bentley: You saw more competitors?

Y/N: Apparently, Jean Bison has spread the news throughout Canada. Those guys want to compete for the Clockwerk parts.

Sly: Looks like we're gonna need some disguises.

Bentley: I'm already on it. In the meantime, we should prepare ourselves for the competition. It is pains me to says this..... we have to cheat.

Y/N: Cheaters never win, but it is now life or death.

Bentley: Murray, you'll participate in the power log chopping competition. Get us a good score and then let Bison up for his turn. While he's chopping I'll sneak the eagle egg into his trousers and the protective parents should disturb his ax swings. Sly, given your ascension skills, I've signed you up for the ice wall climb. We'll keep Bison from beating your score by pulling him off the wall with some nearby grappling lines. Y/N, you and Neyla will compete against Jean in the Double Buck race. Since he's can saw single handily, you two should work together. While Jean is up, I should shoot the Firecracker arrow. The loud noise should force him to break his saw. And finally, I'll represent our team in the log rolling competition. With my knowledge of rotational mechanics, we're sure to get a stupendous score. Sly will be in charge of greasing Bison's logs so he has no chance of beating it. If you guys are ready, I say we head out and show these meathead lumberjacks what we're made of!

The gang heads out as they see a large crowd of competitors. Jean Bison begins his announcement.

Jean: Welcome all to the 20th annual Lumberjack Games. Here, we got competitors from all around Canada and parts of the good old USA. This year winner will receive the Clockwerk Talons. These beauties can cut down the largest forests ever.

Some of the crowd were awed.

Crowd: Aww.

I said AWE. A. W. E.

Crowd: Oooh

That's better.

Jean Bison: Whoever has the most points will challenge me for the Talons. Now before we begin, we should stand for the national anthem. The competitors stand for the N.A.

When it is over, the Lumberjack Games have begun. Most of the competitors compete against each other and win by score from the judges. Team Cooper are in the events and they work their way through the ranks. One by one, the other teams are beaten before reaching to the finals.

The Cooper Gang had compete against Jean from the Log Chopping, ice climbing, the Double Buck race and the water log rolling. However, Jean had the judges on payroll so the Cooper Gang knock the guards and take their place. However, Jean discovered and knocks them out with the Talons. They have cuts and some wounds but they survived.

However, things went grim when the Safehouse was raided and the Clockwerk were stolen. Bentley manages to duel and against Jean and outsmarted the man out of time. Though the victory was achieved, time is running out for all. So with no time to lose, the Cooper Gang quickly rush to the silo.

*

Sly Cooper (narrating): As we shut ourselves into the Northern Light battery, it became black. For a few long minutes, we just sat there in darkness. No one dared to talk for fear that Jean Bison's men might discover where we were hiding. Time seemed to have stopped, and then, we felt it. We were being lifted up to Arpeggio's blimp. It was all so strange. The focus of all our schemes had been stolen from us. Our Clockwerk parts were gone. Looking around the inside of the battery, I knew we all felt it: failure. I was twitchy and ready for action, any action. Y/N is preparing everything his father had trained him. He knows that his war against Clockwerk is not over. Neyla is also at the ready. We never thought that we have an ex police officer would be helping take the fight to enemy. Bentley tried to make some sense of the situation by drawing up meaningless plans, but Murray... Murray took it the worst. He just sat there sobbing while the team van floated away over the horizon. That van was his life. I knew I'd have to find a way to make it up to him.

The end is near....