Unit #264

YASMINE

"What chu need?"

"What chu need?"

"Can I have some cookies ma ma?"

"No baby. I told you it's too early for snacks."

Ion understand what's so hard for my baby to understand no snacks in the morning.

I just moved in ParkWay Gardens a week ago and I can honestly say it's cool.

Not as glamorous as I thought but it would be worth while.

I just graduated from college with my bachelors in Nursing and guess what? Ya girl passed her exam.

Getting a job in Chicago meant that I had to leave my life in El Paso behind but if it meant making extra, I was willing to do it.

My child isn't wanting for anything and he starts school in a few weeks.

So while I'm adjusting , he can too.

"Okay ma ma" he frowned.

Making breakfast for me and my baby was what we did on the daily but I was interrupted by a loud argument outside the door.

Running to my son's room, I made sure he was okay.

"Baby stay in the room okay?"

He nodded.

I headed to my room putting on my slippers walking slowly out the door.

"Man on king david! Fuck you ! Yo ass a goofy"

A tall brown skin male with multi color dreads was arguing with some guy.

"Mr. Bennett it's not my fault your mother is getting evicted..."

"Man I paid her fucking rent last week! I swear to god I can't wait to move my mama out these fucking projects"

"Man if you don't give me my fucking money.."

The guy held a knife near the guy with the dreads neck.

"Let me the fuck go!"

Oh no! He's gonna kill him.

Quickly all 3 of us got in a fight and blood streamed on the floor.

"Man what the fuck?! You stabbed ha!"

The guy with the dreads threw the other one down the steps and picked me up.

"What unit u in ma?"

"264"

Good thing it was just my arm , that was cut not deep though.