College Crush

Emoni POV

Location: South Western Illinois University (SWIU) *a fictional HBCU in Illinois* (Joliet, Illinois)

AUGUST 2013

"Chile I know this ain't my school" I say pulling up to the big ass university.

Yes I said I PULLED UP.

I drove myself to school, my parents wasn't supportive of me going to college.

They wanted me to work my job , get an apartment and move out.

But what would be the point?

Wtf am I going to do in Detroit, Michigan but get high, get fly & die?

*No offense to any Detroit users*

I wasn't even 5.6 seconds there before the dean comes out.

"Hey , Emoni Davis right?"

"Yes sir, that's me"

"I'm so excited to have you here. Do you need some help?"

"Yes as a matter fact I do"

I was the type of mf to pack extra & unnecessarily while traveling.

But I was leaving home for a few months and I wanted to make sure I didn't need my parents for nothing.

There was some men the dean went to get that helped me sort my things in my dorm.

Once I finally finished, this was the outcome of my dorm.

I stayed in the athletic dorms due to me getting a athletic and academic scholarship

So that means, no roommate!

I decided to explore campus a bit.

I was walking down the hall when I seen a big ass poster that caught my eye.

"Cheerleading Tryouts
August 3rd & 4th
8:00 AM
Sister Sister Gymnasium "

They so damn funny. I'm gonna go though.

Even though, the cheer coach was already trynna recruit me.

At the time, I had trouble picking an extracurriculars.

I literally excelled at every thing I did since I was in middle school to high school.

From band to yearbook to track & field to basketball to cheer to grades to being best dressed to everything.