Wedding Night

Ashanti POV

10 Years Ago (2012)

"What about our baby Dayvon?" I cried.

I was only 17. I couldn't wait for this man to get out .

I had to finish my junior year . I had to prepare to give birth. Find a job. All types of shit.

"Ashanti I told you ima take care my daughter when I get out. Why u keep asking about that shit?!" He yelled.

I looked at him in the glass. He ain't deserve to be in there but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

If you lost at this point of the story, I'm 17. Visiting my 17 year old boyfriend Dayvon in jail.

I'm pregnant with our Daughter, she due in September and it's currently January.

I didn't know I was pregnant until I missed my period.

Von wasn't to thrilled but he should of wore a condom.

We been dating for 9 months and I love him but do he love me?

I don't know. I would do anything for him but I think that's the problem.

We was like the black version of Bonnie & Clyde and that's why he in the situation he in now.

We got in bad trouble whenever we was together but why not? This gone be my nigga for life. Well I hoped.

"I'm scared Dayvon. I can't do this shit by myself. " I cried.

Last year when I was arrested, Von held me down. But I feel like I'm folding on him right now.

"Ashanti Ian got much time on this phone. Just know you not gone do it by yourself ma , ight? I'll be out quicker than you know. I love u ma, finish yo junior year for me . Get chu a lil job & be cool out here Inna streets. U pregnant nie ma. All that crazy shit over with. I love you ight?" He said.

"I love you more Dayvon" I said as I began sobbing.

My hand that had his name on my wrist was on the glass as I tried to cherish our last few months together.

I left out the jail and rode back with my mom.

She didn't like Dayvon but I really don't care. She acting like she wasn't a fool for my daddy.

"U too young to be going thru this shit Ashanti. U pregnant and all and where yo man at? He ain't in school , he ain't working. He ain't on shit!" My mom yelled.

I understand she don't want me to be like her but girl this ain't the 90s.

I'm gone be better .

Watch.

January 22nd 2022
4:00 pm

"We are gather here to witness a commit before god for Ms. Ashanti Wells and Dayvon Bennett. Do you all wanna ready your vows?" The officiant said.

Dayvon and I stared into each other's eyes with happiness.

This past decade of being on and off, dealing with deaths, the lost of our daughter *miscarried* was a lot and the adjusting to being a new mom.

But it didn't mean nothing cause we are getting married.

We both agreed and I let Von say his vows.

"Ight so you know I'm not to good with public speaking ma. So I wrote this lil short paragraph and shit. Ashanti you know me better than I know myself. I ain't never been with a woman who loved me for all my flaws, stayed with me thru cheating, babies and even would catch a case fa me. I love you to death lil foe nem & im excited fa us to be married. Next we having a baby, so stay tuned y'all" he said causing everybody to laugh.

I then announce my vows.

"Dayvon. U know how this shit go on. On king David, I don't even know what to say. I love you baby and thank you for being the best I ever had since I was 17. We might not be perfect but we trying. I'm excited for the next chapter we got going on. I love you so much . " I said.

We then waited for the officiant .

"Dayvon do you take Ms. Ashanti Wells to be your wife?" He asked.

"Yea" he said smiling at me.

I loved how much my fiancé changed over these past months.

His grill was gone. He had his all black dreads back and he got rid of his hand tattoos.

He growing up Omg.

"Ashanti do you take Dayvon Bennett to be your husband?" He asked.

"I do" I said.

"Well , we are proud to announce you as Mr. and Mrs. Dayvon Bennett. U may kiss the bride" The officiant said.

Von and I kissed happily as we was officially married.

Took Her To The O played causing everybody to get turnt up.

I'm Mrs. Ashanti Bennett to you hoesss.

I cheered as we entered our Condo in which was located Los Angeles.

I looked at my husband's hand noticing his wedding band and then I looked at his wrist.

"ASHANTI TYRANIQUE WELLS-BENNETT " I seen the tattoo said.

"When you get this?" I said rubbing his wrist.

"Been got this shit ma. " he smiled carrying me to our bed.

"I love you so much Von" I said as he striped me of my wedding dress.

"I love u too Shanti. Go check and see if Dayna sleep" Von said.

We had a 3 year old together which sometimes would sadden me because our first daughter Blessing would of been turning 10 this year.

I was in my lingerie when I looked to see if our daughter was sleep.

She was knocked out. Mommy baby was tired.

I nodded and Von helped me get on top.

He slid my panties to the side entering me slowly.

I moaned quietly whining in pain.

"Alexa play 'Real Bitch' on the 'King Of The Jungle' Album" Von yelled.

A/N: this is not a real song or album. It's simply inspired for this chapter.

We made love to Von's New Song and only thing I could think about is,sex hit different when you married.