Prom

Tasia POV

Year:Spring 2012

Background Info: Tasia attends prom with her bf Von. As the day unravels, she is deeply worried about attending prom with her boy specifically.

"Tasia Lamonica Murray, get that ass up lil girl!" My mother yells snatching my thick cover off my body.

She know she could of let me sleep in today. She's so lame .

It's June 1st. Prom is tonight. My mom promised I wouldn't go to school today.

But it's 8 Inna morning. So why tf is she waking me up?

"'Mom it's 8 Inna morning. I understand that you are 36 and in need of sunlight but can I please go back to sleep?" I groaned.

My mom slapped the back of my head and looked at me sideways.

"Tasia I told u about that mouth of yours didn't I? Now ain't nobody got chu up this early for nothing. We finna go get our eyebrows & nails done" she said adjusting her bonnet.

Awe okay good. My siblings were still sleeping , so she let them be.

I'm the oldest out of 4. I'm 17 but basically 18 cause I'll be 18 next month. My brother is 16. My lil sisters are 14 and 6.

Yep that's right , my mom had kids back to back. But that's fine.

Cause I'm almost out this mf house . Thank the lord.

Besides dealing with my crazy loving mama , I'm in a relationship with the finest yet dangerous nigga on the block.

Von is my man. We been dating for 5 months and I think we in love tbh.

Ima marry him & that's all there is to it. He on the basketball team. Bitches been hating on us since day 1.

Tb he be cheating or whatever. But I'm not worried.

Von bestie TRoy is my cousin. He's actually my favorite cousin and I consider him my big brother.

Troy wasn't happy when he found out about Von and I but I can't help who I love.

I got in the shower and slipped on a crop top , leggings and my uggs.

But anyway, that's neither here or there. We headed to the salon but the car wouldn't start.

My mom grew frustrated after a while and we just took my car.

I'm very spoiled considering the fact that I'm the oldest. But I'm a good child, so I think I deserve everything.

I'm the valedictorian, cheer captain, president of student council and I'm a manager at my job.

So last year, I was gifted a car by my mother.

She does everything she can for my siblings and I. My daddy ain't around no more. My dad got killed when I was 8.

His death hurt my mom real bad because they were married and raised us together. But, he couldn't stop fucking people over.

So he was killed.

Anywho, we got to the salon and everything was cool until my mom got into it with the lash tech about not leaving a tip.

"I don't need to do shit bitch! Yo funky ass better take this money or get the shit slapped outta you!" My mom yelled .

I had to jump in it cause these mfs ain't finna gang up on my mama.

"Girl we don't gotta give u a got damn thing! Matter fact, here bitch!" I said throwing change & the cash at her and we left.

Then, it was time for me to eat. So I called my siblings downstairs, so they can come with us to eat.

We had ihop and I went home. I slept until Von called me.

"Ma where u at?" He said exiting out a building.

"Home. Ik yo big forehead ass ain't go to school without me" I said crossing my arms.

"My mama made me go folks. Come get me" he said before I hung up.

I slipped on my uggs , entering the car and heading to our school.

My mama told them I was sick, so I had to hurry up & scoop Von without being noticed.

He kissed me and put his seat belt on. "Wassup ma" I heard him say lowly.

I looked at Von's outfit and I really wanna fuck him up.

Cause why tf this mf at school with a white beater, basketball shorts & jordans on like he ain't sb husband.

"Von u want me to beat yo swole ass , don't chu?" I said pulling up to McDonald's.

"Girl u ain't gone beat shit. Get me whatever u getting, ight?" He said handing me some money.

I love it here. I'm getting paid tommorow and my mannn just gave me some money.

"Ight daddy" I said pulling up to the drive thru.

It's my day off, but I'm still finna use this employee discount.

"Welcome to McDonald's, how can I help you?" I heard my bestie Lala say on the speaker.

"Bitch it's me!" I said and she greeted me with so much joy.

I can't wait until she graduate next year. She dates Von's friend LA. "Heyy boo, what chu getting?" She said.

"Give me a 2 Big Mac meals, no salt on the fries and a coke & sprite " I said.

"Girl u must be with Von bowlegged ass. Hey Von" I heard Lala tease in the mic.

"Wassup lil sis" Von said before we finished talking and den we pulled up to pay.

After all that, we ate at Von's house and then my mother and siblings came over cause we was getting ready over here.

After getting ready, Von and I took pictures with everybody and we drove to prom.

In traffic, there was a dangerous shootout but we made it safely.

Prom was a blast but it was time to wrap it up. "Before we leave, we will like to announce this year's prom king and queen" I heard our principal say.

Von wasn't fazed. He didn't care about it but I did.

"This year 2012 prom king and queen is Dayvon Bennett and Tasia Murray!" I heard.

We stood up , I happy asf and everything seemed to be moving in slow motion.

We were crowned and before we can even get to our seats, shots went off hitting me in my right arm.