41

"What if his majesty finds out about this?" Gonca asked me as the carriage stopped inside the downtown and the doors opened.

"He won't." I simply said before an Ağa helped me out of the carriage.

"Did they already arrive?" we both walked to the foundation of the late Kösem Sultan. No one would even come to the idea of me being here.

"They did." she replied and I covered my face with my headscarf. It was important that no one would recognize me too. We went upstairs to a room where a window was. Out of the window I could see Perşem Ağa and some loyal Ağas of Mehmed. In front of them stood a few other men who I assumed were the servants of Silahtar.

While I could see everything what was going on there, they didn't even know that I would come.

"Ağa would you now tell us why we are here?" one of the men who had janissaries clothes on asked out of patience. Perşem looked around to see if there are any spies before he began to speak.

"Our beloved Grand Vizier, he turned against us." he told them as their eyes widened.

"How? What do you mean?" another man asked.

"They say that he converted to Christianity and as our Sultan had suspicion, he fasted for 40 days in a mausoleum to make him think he is still Muslim." everyone gasped in shock and they started speaking to each other. I could hear them cursing Silahtar, others said that Perşem was lying.

"You are right! He betrayed us, I just saw him the other day drinking alcohol in a pub." I could hear an Ağa from the crowd yell.

"He is a Kafir!" started the crowd shout.

"I will tell Mehmed Paşa your thoughts about the Grand Vizier and he will talk to his majesty." Perşem said and calmed the crowd down. They all nodded before they left to their own businesses.

"I hope this plan will work." I sighed as Gonca and I walked back down.

"Inshallah." as I wanted to get out of the foundation a little girl stopped me by tapping on my arm. I turned around and saw her with a cup of water in her hand.

"You look worried, do you want water?" she kindly asked what made me soft smile and bent down at her level. She sure was in the same age as Mustafa.

"Aren't you thirsty yourself?" she nodded.

"Why would you then ask me if you need it more?" I looked her in her eyes.

"My mother told me to always help others, that's why I asked you." her words made me smile.

"Where is your mother? I should thank her for her good advice." she slowly looked down.

"She died a long time ago and her words are the only things she left for me." as she finished, I wiped her tears away.

"What is your name?" I asked and got back up.

"Aygül, my name is Aygül." she simply said.

"Where do you live Aygül?" she looked to the side where Gonca was standing.

"I don't have a home." she told me with a sad voice and looked down. I put my hand on her cheek and made her look at me again.

"Don't worry Aygül, from now on you will have a home." a huge smile was formed on her face. I turned my head to Gonca.

"You know what to do." she nodded and took the girl's hand.