13

The next day started with everyone crying for Şehzade Kasim who was killed in the order of Murad. Everyone was wearing black, even the girls in the Harem. I left Murad's chambers in the early morning and went to mine.

On the way I saw Hagi Ağa bringing Kösem Sultan milk with honey for her to relax. I can't deny that I felt bad for her. She lost her child and not even the first one.

I opened the doors of my chamber and saw Gonca sitting on my bed. Her eyes looked tired which means that she didn't sleep either.

"Elmas, thank god your back." she whispered as I sat next to her on my bed.

"How is Turhan?" I asked her.

"She is sleeping like an angel mashallah. Yasmin was with her the whole night." I nodded still feeling bad, because I was part of everyone's sadness, especially Murad's.

"Are you alright?" Gonca's face went from being happy and smiling to being worried.

"It's nothing I just feel a bit dizzy." it got silent.

"Maybe a doctor should check on you." she stood up to call a doctor, but I grabbed her hand what made her turn around.

"Gonca it's nothing serious. I feel guilty." she sat back down and took my hands.

"Elmas, my best friend, believe me it had to happen. He wasn't even innocent, because everything we said was the truth." I felt so much better after her words.

"You are right." I smiled and hugged her. God what would I do without her and Yasmin? They are like my sisters and the only people I truly trust.

Of course I trust Lalezar too, but she has to serve Kösem Sultan what makes me be afraid of betrayal.

"Prepare a black dress for me, I have to go to Şehzade Kasim's funeral." she nodded and did as I said. After I changed, I went to Valide Sultan's room to meet the others there. I just hoped everything would be over quickly and no one would question why Murad did this.

"Validam, Sultanas." I bowed to them and stood up in the line next to Ayşe. Everyone's eyes were red and full of tears. Soon Hagi Ağa told us that the coffin will be carried trough the Harem.

"My son..." Kösem Sultan cried out loud as she touched the coffin of the dead Şehzade. Everyone around her was also crying except for me and Ayşe. She just starred at me with disgust.

~

The funeral was over and we all sat in Kösem's chambers and were eating. I decided to visit Murad and see if he got any better since yesterday.

"Sultanım, I would like to visit his majesty with your permission." I asked kindly as I stood up ready to leave.

"Don't mention him." she said angrily while still crying. I was about to say something as I got a strong headache.

"Elmas, is everything fine?" Gevherhan asked and stood up to grab me. My hand was on my head, trying to stop the pain. All of sudden my vision got blurry until everything turned black.

~

I opened my eyes and saw that I was lying on a bed which wasn't mine. Gevherhan saw how I tried to stand up and hurried to me.

"Lie down, you need to rest." I noticed that I was still in Valide's room.

"What happened Sultanım?" before she could answer Kösem and Atike came in. It shocked me that both had a happy expression.

"Elmas how do you feel?" Kösem asked as she came closer and her smile got bigger.

"Better Sultanım. What happened?" I asked again, but this time a lot worrier. She looked at Gevherhan who also had a huge smile on her face.

"Congratulations Elmas, you are pregnant." she finally spoke. Inside of me was a firework while outside I didn't know how to show my happiness. I would be a mother again.

"After this dark cloud you gave us light. Inshallah the baby will be born healthy." she continued with the good news.

"My brother does already know and will be here in some time." Atike told me and in that moment the doors opened and Murad came in with Şehzade Ibrahim and Beyazid.

He firstly looked at his mother and then walked up to me and kissed my forehead.

"Elmas'm, my precious." his words made me blush.

"Congratulations Elmas." I heard Şehzade Ibrahim and Beyazid saying. I only nodded as a 'thank you'. Ibrahim looked happy for me, but Beyazid was like someone just slapped him across the face. I would ask later about the matter and don't ruin my happiness.

Murad helped me go back to my own room so I could be more comfortable. He also ordered Yasmin to bring Turhan. We both sat on my bed with nearly our one year old daughter in his arms.

"I don't want you to be upset, but what was that on Şehzade Beyazid's face? It looked like someone hit him." I asked not going too deep into that matter.

"It's nothing Elmas." he ignored my question what made me angry. But I wasn't going to let that be a secret, I will find it out.