27

"What do you think should be the punishment of my mother?" Murad's words shocked me. He really wanted me to decide what he should do with his mother?

"You want me to decide?" I asked as he came closer to me and took my hands in his and gave a kiss on the back of them. I smiled softly at his movement.

"It was you who went through that pain and I will accept whatever you wish." he told me as he removed the scarf from my face.

The decision for Kösem's punishment should be hard and a lecture for all of my enemies. I couldn't choose execution, because that would make Murad question me. It had to be something that made me look like a good and innocent person in his eyes.

"I can't tell you to kill your mother. That's absolutely nonsense and I couldn't handle see you in pain." I started making up a plan in my head.

"Exile Kösem Sultan to Konya." I suggested.

"She would get her punishment, but still would live as a Sultana." I continued and he thought a moment about it before nodding.

That was the perfect plan. I would make Kösem go far away and she would lose all of her power in Konya. Then I could get easily get rid of her there.

"What a soul you have my precious. Every other woman would make me kill her for power." Murad put his hand on my chin and kissed my lips softly. I have missed him and this feeling so much.

Just in his arms I felt safe and happy like I did nowhere else.

~

"Have you got the letters I sent you?" Murad asked while laid on his chest with blankets covering our bodies.

"I did. I read every single of them." I gave him a quick kiss before taking my blanket and getting up from the bed. I quickly put on my dress.

"If you allow I would like to go back to my chamber. As you know I haven't seen Turhan and Bayezid in a long time and I want to spend some time with them too." I said as he also put on his clothes.

"Sure. I have some work to do, but when I finish I will visit you." I bowed to him and left his chambers. I saw Lalezar Kalfa talking with Silahtar Pasha who looked very angry.

"Pasha'm welcome back." I gave him a fake smile after he bowed to me.

"Thank you Sultanım. I am sorry for that what happened to you. I hope our Şehzade and Sultana are fine." he started a conversation acting like he is worried.

"They are fine and so am I. Another plan of my enemies trying to get rid of me, but little do they know that I've got even stronger." he smiled which I returned.

"Then, I won't keep away from your work as the Grand Vizier." I nodded slightly and he bowed as I walked away with Lalezar Kalfa following me.

"What were you talking about?" I asked as we were on our way to my chambers.

"He asked me some questions how the incident could happen and why I wasn't there to help you. But I am sure he didn't mean it." I nodded and we walked through the Harem. Murad already ordered the Kalfas and Ağas to put those who tried to kill me in the dungeons. For now. Soon they would be executed just like Kemankeş.

On the way we accidentally met Gülbahar Sultan. As soon as she saw me she stopped walking. Alisha Hatun was behind her what made me smile. She really got that close to her that she accompanies her now.

"Elmas, how are you? I hope you got better." she faked her concern.

"How couldn't I be fine Sultanım? His majesty returned with a great victory and punished all those traitors who tried to kill me. I finally got what I wanted and came back where I belong to; The Topkapı Sarayı." her smile faded away and she nodded before walking further.

"Where are the kids?" I asked Gonca who was in my room reading a book.

"They are asleep. Yasmin and Nilüfer are with them don't worry." I sighed in relief and sat down with Lalezar.

"What will happen to Kösem Sultan? She didn't get a punishment and is still in the palace." Gonca asked annoyed.

"She will get her punishment very soon Gonca. I talked with Murad and he wanted me to decide what he should do with her." a smile grew on her and Lalezar's face.

"Will he kill her?" she asked happily, but I shock my head what made her confused.

"She will be banished to Konya. We will get rid of her there." both understood what I was talking about.

"But how?" Lalezar asked this time.

"Bring me a pen and paper, it's time for me to meet Mehmed Paşa." she did as I said and started writing.

"Give this Perşem Ağa as soon as possible and tell him to hand it to Mehmed Paşa." Lalezar nodded and left me and Gonca alone.

"I hope this will work. If Mehmed Paşa doesn't do what I want and tells his majesty about my plan, not Kösem will be banished but me." I sighed and prayed that everything would work out.

"It will, Allah is on our side Inshallah." she put her hand on my mine to comfort me.

"Ameen."