22

"Pass." I said as I turned my head to the door. Lalezar Kalfa walked in with five girls following her. Their heads were lowered since they were obviously afraid of me.

"Sultanım, these are the new girls." Lalezar spoke and I looked at every inch of them. I raised my hand signalling them to raise their heads to look at me.

"I hope you all know why you are here." they nodded still having a scared expression.

"One of you will take care of our Sultana and Şehzade with Yasmin Hatun while two of you will be the guards for my chamber. The other two will accompany me wherever I go." I told them and they nodded once again.

"If there are any questions ask Gonca Hatun or Yasmin Hatun, they will answer them." I looked at Gonca and Yasmin who were standing in the corner of the room. They nodded also understanding their new job.

"If I find out that any of you is not loyal to me and works for someone else, I will take her life

"If I find out that any of you is not loyal to me and works for someone else, I will take her life. So don't play dirty games with me." I sighed and showed them to start working.

It is really hard to find loyal servants in this palace. Even if they are with you for years, they would betray you for a bit gold coins. The only ones I trust with my life are Yasmin, Gonca and now also Lalezar Kalfa. I hope it stays like this.

As the girls left to go to their work Lalezar came closer

"Is everything fine? You look tired." she said as I put my hand on the couch to make her sit next to me.

"I haven't slept since Kösem Sultan's threat. I have bad dreams and when I wake up, I have the fear that there is someone in my room, near my children. Or some times when I am not with Murad, I think there is another woman with him." I told her the truth.

"Don't be afraid Sultanım. Even if I am not the treasury keeper anymore, I still know about everything in the Harem. If anything happens, you will be the first one I tell." I sighed and smiled.

"Are there any news of Alisha?" she shook her head.

"She only told me the last time I saw her that Şehzade Bayezid visits his mother rarely since he found out her plan. I think he really does love Hünkarım and would never dare to do something against him." she tried to confess me that he is innocent.

"I know what he is like Lalezar, but his mother isn't innocent. She will make him hate Murad in a way or another. And he is a big threat for my son." I spoke.

"Whatever, I will visit Murad." I stood up what caused her to stand up too.

"You go back to the Harem." she nodded and bowed to me as I opened the doors to walk out.

I saw Silahtar coming out of his room and he came closer to bow to me.

"Sultanım." he said.

"Pasha'm. I haven't seen you in a while to congratulate you for your new position. From the Chief Guard straight to the Grand Vizier, what a jump." I gave him a fake smile which he returned.

"Thank you Sultanım. Also congratulations from being a slave to becoming a Sultana." he hit my soft spot by saying 'slave'.

"Yeah.. the slave who is part of the Ottoman Royal Family and closer to his majesty than anyone else." I grinned because I hit his soft spot.

"By the way, how is Atike Sultan since you are closer to her than me." he got angry at the mention of Atike and bit his inner lip. I bowed to him purposely and turned around leaving him there too stunned to speak.

 I bowed to him purposely and turned around leaving him there too stunned to speak

I walked inside Murad's chambers and saw him sitting on his desk reading a letter. As he saw me he put it aside.

"Murad." I smiled as I bowed to him.

"How are you?" he asked as I sat on his lap on the chair.

"Now that I saw you, I've got better." he smiled at me and kissed me with his soft lips.

"What about my children?" I put my headscarf away as he asked me about Bayezid and Turhan.

"They are also in good health. Mashallah Bayezid grows so fast." he smiled at my words.

"You look tired, are you sure you are fine?" he noticed the rings under my eyes.

"It's just that you leave in a few weeks. I am sad." I lied a bit. It was true that I was sad, but I lied about Kösem.

"You know how important this campaign is and as the Sultan it is my duty to be on the battlefield with my soldiers." he told me as we stood up. He took my hand and we walked to the couch to sit there.

"I know..." he put his hand on my cheek and rubbed circles on it.

"Don't be sad, it doesn't suit you." his words made me smile a bit.

"There is the smile I was looking for." he put a piece of my hair behind my ear and then kissed me. The kiss wasn't like the other soft and sweet but full of lust.

Murad and I spent another night together what made me sure that I am not a usual concubine who just comes and leaves. I will stay forever.