09

"Sultanım are you sure it's a good idea?" I asked Gevherhan Sultan as we walked in the gardens towards everyone else.

"Elmas it is my wish. I want you to have lunch with us" she said and we walked further. My hand was the whole time on my growing stomach. The time passed so quickly and I was already in the 8th month pregnant.

In those eight months I've got a lot closer to Gevherhan Sultan. She visits me everyday with her son Selim and I really enjoy her company.

I also tried to get closer to the other members of Murad's family. Şehzade Ibrahim respects me a lot and always talks with me while Atike Sultan and Şehzade Kasim ignore my presence. I see Beyazid very rare since he is always with Murad in state affairs.

I am closest to Şehzade Ibrahim and Gevherhan Sultan. They treat me as like I am their own sister.

"Validam

"Validam." Gevherhan and I both bowed to Kösem Sultan who was sitting on her throne.

"Gevherhan, Elmas welcome. Come sit down." she offered and me and Gerherhan sat on a pillow. I could see Atike and Kasim weren't happy with me having lunch with them.

"It was a good idea that you also brought Elmas." Şehzade Ibrahim said what made me smile.

"Ibrahim is right. Fresh air will do good to you. How is you pregnancy doing? Inshallah my grandson is fine." Kösem Sultan asked as she drank her cup of coffee.

"Alhamdulallah Sultanım, everything is fine." she nodded and put her cup down at the table.

I looked at my right and saw Ayşe coming with her children. After the incident she didn't talk to me at all.
Murad exiled her to the Old Palace, but Kösem Sultan told him to have mercy on her children. Since then she was silent and did nothing.

"Validam." Kösem showed her to sit down.

"Ahmed'm, Hanzade'm come here." the kids came running towards her grandmother. As Hanzade saw me she also came to me.

"Are you pregnant with my sibling?" she cutely asked and I nodded

"Yes Sultanınm. There is your brother." I said an put my hand on my belly. I really hoped it would be a boy.

"How do you know that it's a boy?" Atike Sultan asked as one of Ayşe's maids brought Hanzade back to her mother. I gave her a glance.

"I do have a feeling Sultanım

"I do have a feeling Sultanım." she was about to say something as Lalezar Kalfa interrupted her.

"Excuse me for the disturbance Sultanım and Şehzade, but his majesty wants to see Elmas Hatun." Yasmin came from behind me and helped me get up because of my big belly.

I bowed to all of them and walked back to the palace with Lalezar and Yasmin.

"Why does he want to see me?" I asked Lalezar who became my right hand over the past months.

"Wallahi, I have no idea. It was also weird to me because it isn't evening now." we walked to his chambers and signaled the guards to ask for permission.

"Murad, you wanted to see me." I said as I walked to him to the balcony. He turned around and smiled at me.

"How do you feel?" he asked as we sat down in his throne together. He touched my belly and rubbed it.

"And how does our little Şehzade feel." his words made me smile. All the world talks about a brutal Sultan who killed even his sister's husband, but with me he was caring and loving.

"We both are fine. Did something bad happened?" I asked curiously.

"I wanted to talk to you about the decision I made about Kasim." he told me seriously.

As I recovered from the incident with Ayşe, I wrote an anonym letter to Murad where everything about Şehzade Kasim's affair was explained. I wrote every single detail like the name of the Hatun or where they always met.

And what shocked me, as soon as Murad got the letter he told me and asked what he should do. He has so much trust in me that he told me a secret about his family.

"And? What will you do?" I was afraid that he would just forgive him and do nothing against it.

"The Hatun will surely be killed and Kasim..." he paused for a moment.

"I will lock him in the Kafas." his voice cracked at the end. I know it was hard for him, but what Şehzade Kasim did was unacceptable.

"Are you sure? I mean...god forbid, but what if he unites with those traitors and try to dethrone you." I saw how shocked he got with my words.

"Do you want me to kill him?" all of sudden he got up and distanced himself from me.

"I don't say that you should kill him, no. But be aware, because if he once betrays you, he will do it again." it looked like he understood that I was right.

"Maybe I am also wrong and he won't do anything. You know him since his birth and you're knowledge is better than mine." I stood up and walked to him.

"Kasim was always against my decisions since our childhood. You are right, this was not the first he broke the rules. I have the fear that he would do something against me." I put my hands on his cheeks and looked him in the eyes.

"I know it's hard for you, but you are not only his brother but also his Sultan." he thought for a while and then kissed my forehead.

"I don't know what I would do without you." this time he gave me a kiss on my lips.