15

"Gülbahar Sultan, welcome." Kösem greeted her rival, Beyazid's mother who just came out of her carriage.

"Kösem Sultanım, thank you for allowing me to see my son. I knew you would let me since you are a mother yourself." she bowed after setting a foot on the ground. Atike and Gevherhan Sultan also welcomed her.

"You are a new face." she told me with a smile which I returned.

"Elmas, Sultanım. Welcome." I bowed to her as a sign of respect. I knew she could help me with my plans, so I had to make friends with her.

"She is our Hünkarım's new favorite, but she gave birth to a girl." Atike already said, before I had the chance. Ayşe wasn't here, because her daughter was sick and Atike told the part what actually Ayşe would.

"Atike.." her mother made her be quiet.

"Let's go inside Gülbahar, I've heard you are sick, but thank god you look perfectly fine." Kösem was right. I awaited a sick, old woman to come, but Gülbahar Sultan looked like everything she needed was just sleep.

We walked back into the palace and went to Kösem's chambers. I excused myself from everyone, because I had some more important stuff to do.

"Bring me Lalezar." I ordered Gonca who immediately left my room to fully the task.

After some minutes the doors opened and Lalezar Kalfa walked in with Gonca.

"Did you do what I've told you?" I asked as I sat on the couch in my room.

"I did. She is waiting to come in." I nodded and signaled Gonca to open the doors. A girl with brown hair came in and bowed. I ordered everyone to let me with the girl alone.

 I ordered everyone to let me with the girl alone

"I hope you know why you are here." I began as I took a look at her. Her head was lowed and as she began to speak, I could hear she was afraid.

"I do Elmas Hatun and it's a honor for me to serve you." I opened a box which was next to me and took out a sack full of gold coins.

"Loyalty is something you can't prove with your words but with your actions. I could choose some girl from the Harem, but I chose you and trained you for nearly two months, there must be no mistakes. Understood?" she nodded in hectic as soon as she saw the gold coins.

"If something goes wrong and they know that I sent you, you and your mother's head will be gone." I threatened her. I really had to do it, because I needed her loyalty at any cost.

"But if you do your duty, this sack and other luxury items will be given to you." she raised her head.

"Everything will be how you want in Elmas Hatun." I smirked and told her she could leave.

"Do you think it will work?" Gonca asked as she came back in.

"It has to. I didn't confess Murad to let Gülbahar Sultan come to the capital for nothing." she sighed.

"I can't really say how this plan came into your mind. It's very dangerous to send a spy to Gülbahar Sultan and Şehzade Beyazid. Don't you think it will be obvious?" she told me the plan I made. I gave her a glance.

"That's why I will wait with patience. Let's just pray that it works and we will get rid of them, okay? And now bring me some cake, I am hungry." I annoyed her. She shook her head and muttered 'incredible this woman' and stood up to bring me the food.

I couldn't help it, but laughed and touched my swollen stomach.

"Inshallah it will be a boy this time." I mumbled as I rubbed circles on my belly.

~

"Sultanım." I bowed to Gevherhan Sultan who just entered my chamber.

"Elmas I hope you and Turhan are ready." Turhan came slowly walking towards her aunt as she heard her name.

"Auntie." she said softly and raised both of her hands, wanting to tell Gevherhan to pick her up.

Since Turhan started speaking all she did was asking questions about her aunt Gevherhan, her uncle Ibrahim or her dad. A big reason why she didn't care about the others was that she didn't know Atike and Beyazid at all. Sometimes she also mentioned Kösem, but very rare.

Gevherhan bent down and picked up her niece. We both and our maids left my chamber to go to the party in the Harem. It was a welcome party for Gülbahar Sultan.

As me and Gevherhan entered the Harem, the girls stopped dancing and bowed to Gevherhand. I, of course, had my head raised high.

 I, of course, had my head raised high

"Validam." I sat down on a pillow in front of Ayşe and Gevherhan next to her sister Atike. The music started again and everything was in a good atmosphere until a maid came up to me.

"What do you want to drink, Sultanım." she asked normally as Kösem's face turned red from anger.

"How dare you to calm her Sultana?" she yelled at the poor girl who stepped back in fear.

"Valide Sultanım I-" Kösem cut off the girl by raising her hand and standing up what caused everyone else to stand up too and the music to stop.

"Explain Hatun!" she shouted at the girl as she came closer to her.

"The other day Lalezar Kalfa called her Sultana too and I thought his majesty ordered it." she explained in a quiet voice. Kösem turned to Lalezar and walked to her. Lalezar was about to say something as Kösem Sultan slapped her that hard that she fell to the floor. She didn't even dare to look up at her face.

"Everyone listen carefully! You can only have the title Sultana if you give birth to a Şehzade and Elmas didn't! She is just a usual slave with no worth!" she shouted so everyone in the Harem could hear. Her words hurt me a lot, but I played strong in front of them even if I was at the edge of crying.

After her speech, Kösem walked to me and grabbed my arm.

"Look at Lalezar. Do you see how painful the slap was?" she made me look at her by making her grip harder and more painful.

"Thank god that you are pregnant, because if you weren't that slap would be for you." she whispered in my ear, but some of the girls still heard everything.

"You can return to your chambers." she ordered me and sat back on her throne and the music started again. I bowed immediately and left the Harem as fast as I could.

She would pay for this. Kösem would pay for everything she did to me.