19

"Don't lean his head to much to the back." I said in panic as Yasmin laid Bayezid in his crib next to my bed. I finally was in my own chambers after being one week with Murad.

He was to afraid that anything would happen, that's why he wanted me and Bayezid to stay there for a whole week.

"Is the concubine already dead?" I asked Gonca as I fixed my dress and sat on the couch.

"I talked with Perşem Ağa , he did it last night." I nodded with a smirk on my face.

Murad exiled the girl who he wanted to have Halvat with to the Old Palace. But I still had to make sure she would never enter his room again. That's why I gave the order to kill her.

"Any news from Alisha Hatun?" Gonca shook her head.

"If anything new comes, tell me. I will go to Gevherhan Sultan's chambers." I said and left the room. While I was passing the Harem every maid bowed to me. According to the rules I was a true Sultana now, but so was Ayşe. I had to improve everyone that I am more powerful than Ayşe.

"Sultanım." I said as I bowed to Gevherhan Sultan.

"Elmas, good to see you. How are Turhan and Bayezid?" she asked kindly as she stood in front of her mirror.

"Thanks to Allah they are both fine. Turhan keeps asking me about seeing you and Selim." she smiled at my words.

"I will visit my Valide first. Come with me." she offered and I nodded. It couldn't harm me to meet her. God knows how much she hated me now.

We waited outside Valide's chambers for permission and soon walked in.

"Validam" Gevherhan said as we bowed to Kösem who was sitting on her couch and drinking coffee. Of course Ayşe was also there with her children. She looked at me at first and then turned her head trying to make me think she is busy.

Kösem showed me and her daughter to sit down. Gevherhan sat next to her mother while I had to sit on a pillow in front of Ayşe.

"How are my grandchildren?" Kösem asked with a fake smile which I returned.

"They are fine Sultanım. Alhamdulallah Şehzade Bayezid grows day by day and the doctors say he is in good health." she nodded and drank her cup of coffee.

"Can I see my brother?" Ahmed, Ayşe's son, asked me and got a glance from his mother. He and his sister didn't understand the hate of Ayşe towards me.

But who would think that of four and five year old children?

"Of course Şehzade. You can visit us whenever you want." he smiled at my words while his mother didn't respond.

"Hanzade also can come, because Turhan misses her a lot." I said with a smile and Hanzade stood up from happiness.

"Mother can we go?" she asked her mother who didn't know what to say. The situation was tricky for her, that's why Kösem Sultan managed to reply to Hanzade.

"You can go another time. Now you don't want to leave your grandma, do you?" she shook her head and sat back down.

~

"Sultanım." Lalezar bowed to me as she came into my chambers.

"Lalezar Kalfa, what is it? If it's something bad do not tell me." I said not wanting to ruin my good mood.

"Tell you me." she pulled out a letter from her sleeve.

I quickly took it and opened it. It was a very long letter from Alisha.

Elmas Sultanım,

Firstly congratulations for becoming a Sultana, may our Şehzade live long with his parents.
I tried to fully the order you've given me since the day I've got near Gülbahar Sultan. I am honest, she is a clever Sultana, that's why I tried to get closer to Şehzade Bayezid.

One time I was in his chambers cleaning everything, his mother came in. She didn't really see me and started talking with him about some matters.

At first I thought it was nothing important, but then she started talking about her most loyal servant; Sinan Pasha. I heard that they meet every Friday before Friday prayers in the Pearl Massion.

I hope this information will help you any further. I will still try my best.

Alisha Hatun

"Yah Allah" I smiled hugely and rolled the letter back.

"What is it Sultanım?" Lalezar asked not understanding my happiness.

"Alisha, she did the first big step for our goal." I handed her the letter to read it.

"What will you do now?" she wanted to know my next step.

"First I want to know everything about this Sinan Paşa. Bring me all his information, also from his past." she nodded and I continued.

"Then we will see." I sighed in a relaxing way.

I was so proud of myself for what I've done for my loved ones. And that is not even the end but the beginning.