21

"What did she say?" Lalezar asked as I came out of Kösem Sultan's chambers. I was on my way to the gardens with Lalezar on my right and Gonca on my left. Two maids were behind us.

"She threatened me." I simply answered and searched for Perşem Ağa in the gardens.

"With what?" Gonca asked with a shocked voice.

"Lalezar was right. She found out that the girl was exiled and knew that I had to do something with it. As I raised my head and voice in front of her, she got angry and told me to be careful with what I do now. She will try to kill me, I am sure." I said with my head turned to Gonca and Lalezar.

"We have to get more maids who are loyal to me." I looked at Lalezar and she understood.

"I will bring you some girls that came new." she told me and I sighed.

"Bring me the most beautiful so they can't be send to Murad. Also tell Yasmin to take more care of Bayezid and Turhan. I am afraid that Kösem does something to them." I spoke in fear. I wasn't afraid for my life but for theirs. They were innocent.

"Do you really think that she would do something to her grandchildren?" Gonca asked not believing it.

"The love of Kösem towards her grandchildren is not as big as the hate she feels towards me. We have to be prepared for everything." she nodded.

"Where is Perşem Ağa?" I asked Lalezar.

"At your meeting spot." I nodded and signaled Gonca to go back inside the palace. Me and Lalezar went to the spot and I already saw Perşem Ağa waiting for me.

Perşem Ağa is the door keeper of the Topkapi Palace. Lalezar Kalfa introduced me to him when I needed someone outside the Palace to kill that girl. He was the only one she knew and he really did it.

"Sultanım." he said and bowed to me as I raised my hand what caused my maids and Lalezar Kalfa to stand a little further away from me and Perşem Ağa.

"You wanted to see me." he looked up from the ground after his bow.

"Indeed Perşem, I have another task for you." I spoke.

"It's an honour for me Sultanım." Perşem said and I smiled.

"Good, I want you to follow Mehmed Paşa wherever he goes

"Good, I want you to follow Mehmed Paşa wherever he goes. I want to know every single detail of him, understood?" he first looked confused but then nodded his head.

"I will give you a week then we will meet here again." I took the edge of my dress and turned to walk away as he bowed.

"What do you want from Mehmed Paşa?" Lalezar asked in a low voice as we went trough the Harem.

"Gonca will tell you. I will visit Gülbahar Sultan." she bowed and went to the other way which leads to my chambers.

I knocked at the doors of Gülbahar Sultan's room and opened them as I heard a 'Pass'.

"Elmas, welcome." she greeted me with a smile which I knew was acting and fake. She offered me to sit next to her on her couch.

"How are you? And our little prince." she asked as her maid brought me a cup of tea since I don't like coffee.

"Thanks to Allah, we are all fine. And you? How is Şehzade Bayezid?" she was a bit shocked of the mention of her son.

"I am fine, but Bayezid is a little ill." she lied to me not knowing that I already know the truth and her plan.

"I hope he gets fine very soon, as you know he will accompany his majesty to the Baghdad campaign." I gave her a fake smile which she returned.

"Inshallah." she said as I drank my tea.

"But I think he can't go." at that moment there was a knock on the door and Şehzade Bayezid waked in. I stood up to bow to him.

"Elmas? What a surprise, what are you doing here?" he asked kindly and exchanged looks from his Valide to me and back.

"Gülbahar Sultan and I were just chatting a bit. I hope you will get fine very soon." I told him on purpose as Şehzade Bayezid raised his brows not knowing of his mother's lie.

"What do you mean?" he looked at me confused.

"Oh, Gülbahar Sultan told me that you are sick that's why you can't go to the campaign." you could see how he got angrier by every word that came out of my mouth.

Gülbahar Sultan stood up and was definitely afraid what her son would do now since he didn't like the plans of his mother against his brother.

"Elmas please let me and my mother alone." I looked one last time to Gülbahar Sultan and she nodded what made me leave the chamber. I could hear the yelling inside what made me smile proudly.

"Mommy!" Turhan shouted as soon as she saw me enter my chamber. She ran towards me with her arms open for me to pick her up.

"My beautiful Turhan

"My beautiful Turhan." she giggled in my arms and I sat down with her on my lap.

Yasmin came from the other room with Bayezid in her arms.

"How is he?" I asked as she sat next to me.

"He is more than fine and healthy thanks god." I opened my arms as Yasmin handed me my son.

"Did Gonca tell you the news?" I asked as Turhan played with the baby in my arms and Yasmin nodded.

"Wallahi Elmas you have to stop all these plans. It's getting serious and dangerous." she told me with a scared face expression as I gave her a glance.

"Without these plans, we all would be dead." I whispered the last word so Turhan wouldn't hear.

"Very funny." she shook her head and I smiled while playing with Bayezid.