29

Seven months have passed since my first meeting with Mehmed Paşa. Just like I awaited, he fullied my order of taking Kösem's life without making any mistakes. He even brought me the magnificent ring of Kösem which I told him about. Now I was the owner of it and I would make sure that I would be the last Sultana to wear it.

Valide Kösem Sultan died in Konya because of plague. Or so thought everyone. Murad was sad and it was hard for him to handle the pain just like Gevherhan, Atike and Ibrahim.

Mehmed got a lot closer to Murad too and even got his own working chamber next to Silahtar's.

Kemankeş and all those who tried to kill me and who were loyal to Kösem were killed and the palace was full of my loyal servants.

Gevherhan Sultan moved to Valide's chambers and gave Lalezar Kalfa her job as the treasury keeper back. Her, ruling over the Harem was the best that happened to me, because she always discussed her ideas with me. It felt like not she but I was ruling the Harem.

I gave birth to another Şehzade who Murad named Mustafa. Now I not only was his favorite wife, but also had more sons than Ayşe.

Ayşe didn't talk to me or even dared to look at my face. She was in her chambers the whole time, because she was afraid that I would do something to her. Of course she had to be afraid, now she had no one who supported her.

I haven't have heard a lot from Alisha Hatun, because I was busy with building trust with Mehmed Paşa and taking care of Mustafa. Gülbahar Sultan and her son were quiet what made me think that they were also afraid of me.

I was sitting in my room reading a book while Turhan was brushing her hair. Suddenly Bayezid came running from the other room followed by Yasmin with Mustafa in her arms.

"Validam, I want to play with Ahmed!" he pounded standing in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Bayezid how many times do I have to repeat myself? You can't go." I sighed in annoyance. This was the fifth time this day he asked for permission and got the answers 'No'.

"Why can't I play with him? Turhan also visits Hanzade." he didn't let go of the topic and made me shut my book and place it besides me. I was about to say something as Turhan stopped me.

"Listen to our mother Bayezid. Ahmed is not your brother! He is your rival, why don't you understand?" her words shocked me. I turned my head towards her.

"Where did this come from?" I asked her as she put her brush aside.

"Am I wrong Valide? Ahmed and her mother are our enemies, they want to kill us." Bayezid looked at me waiting for me to respond.

"Take him inside." I ordered and she nodded taking his hand and bringing him to the other room.

"What was this Turhan? Why do you use those words in front of him?" I said in a harsh voice what made Turhan look down.

"But it was the truth-" I raised my hand what made her stop talking.

"It may be the truth, but don't say those things in front of your brothers anymore, understand?" she nodded. A knock got our both's attention to turn to the doors.

Gonca came in with a letter which she was hiding.

"Who is that from?" I asked as she handed it to me.

"Alisha Hatun." I raised my brows and quickly opened the letter. I was quite curious and surprised for this letter that came out of nowhere.

Elmas Sultanım,

I am sorry for not writing you any letters for a long time, but I was busy with something very important.

I've found out that Gülbahar Sultan planned a dethronement of his majesty. She wants to put her son Şehzade Bayezid on throne. I heard her talking to Sinan Paşa and wanted to make sure that I know all the informations before telling you.

She will meet Sinan Paşa tomorrow in the secret gardens of the Pearl Massion. They will discuss the little details that are left for her son's enthronement. She also will hand Sinan Paşa a letter with her stamp where she expressed her plan.

The letter will be given to some Ağa called Bamsi who will deliver it to the rebels that also want to see Şehzade Bayezid on the throne.

I hope you can stop this disaster and will get rid of your enemies that are leftover.

Alisha Hatun

I stood up in shock and searched for my headscarf.

"What does it say?" Gonca asked as I put on my head scarf.

"Who is Alisha Hatun?" Turhan made me give her a look what screamed 'It's not the right time'.

"I have to meet with Mehmed quickly. Is he in the palace?" I ran as fast as I could to the privy chambers where Mehmed's working chamber also was.

"I think so." she muttered as we arrived. I knocked loudly on his door. As soon as he opened them I walked in and shut the doors behind me.

"Sultanım?" he questioned confusedly. I didn't say a word and handed him the letter of Alisha. His eyes widened while reading it.

"We have to stop them." was the only thing I could manage to say out of breath.

"I know Bamsi Ağa, he is the right hand of Sinan Paşa. But where will he take the letter?" I shrugged and walked back and forth in his room nervously.

"I have no idea, but we have to get that damn letter at any cost. It will be their death sentence." he nodded at my words.

"How hard it is for me to say, unfortunately Şehzade Bayezid is not involved in this. Just his mother and Sinan Paşa will be punished." I smiled as an idea came to my mind.

"I will take care of it, do not worry. All you have to do is getting that letter." I sighed.

"And don't give it to Murad before I tell you." he nodded in understanding what I wanted.

This plan had to work, because if not we would never get rid of Bayezid and his mother and that traitor Paşa.