30

"Alisha Hatun, long time no see." I smiled as she bowed to me. We were secretly meeting in a corner of the palace where no one could see us.

"I wanted to thank you for your last letter, it helped me a lot." I told her and she smiled.

"Did you get the letter of Gülbahar Sultan?" she asked and I nodded. Mehmed Paşa took care of that matter. He found Bamsi Ağa and the letter he actually should deliver to the rebels.

"You will soon return to your home, to your mother. I just have one last task for you." her smile grew bigger at the mention of her mother.

"Get me the stamp of Şehzade Bayezid as soon as possible." I gave her an orange dough.

"Stamp it here and give this to Gonca or Lalezar Kalfa. Put the original stamp back, okay?" she nodded and I signaled her to go back.

I made my way back to the Harem just to see Atike Sultan returning from her little trip to Egypt. She was so broken because of her mother's death that she and Şehzade Ibrahim went for some time to Egypt.

"Sultanım, welcome back." I greeted her with a fake smile which she returned.

"Thanks Elmas." she simply said and wanted to walk away, but I stopped her.

"Where is Şehzade Ibrahim? Didn't he return too?" I asked for my favorite 'brother-in-law'.

"No he will stay in Egypt. He said that this palace is full of bloodshed where everyone wants power and revenge." she stressed the word 'revenge' to make it clear that she obviously wanted to take revenge for her mother.

I smiled softly and she walked away to her chambers.

"Tell his majesty that I want to see him." I ordered the guards who exchanged looks.

"I am sorry Sultanım, but his majesty isn't in the palace." I raised my brows. This was the forth time this week that he wasn't in his chambers or even in the palace. I didn't think too much about it and turned around to go back. Murad surely had some state affairs to do with Silahtar.

As I was about to reach the corner, I saw Silahtar coming. When he was here, where the hell was Murad? Or with who?

"Sultanım." he bowed and I cleared my throat coming back to reality.

"Silahtar, where is Hünkarım?" I asked in a scared tone what I tried play off.

"I have no idea-" I stopped him.

"Stop with the excuses, I know that you know where he is." my voice got louder. He raised his head and looked at me.

"Like I said Elmas Sultan, I do not know. Maybe you should ask your friend Mehmed Paşa." he said in calm way and smiled. His words made me chuckle and bite my inner lip.

"Do you remember the time where Murad called me on a Thursday and you didn't believe me?" I asked and reminded him of the past.

"I wasn't a Sultana back then, that's why you said some things to my face." he turned his attention to me carefully listening about what I was about to say.

"Don't say words that are bigger than your mouth can carry." I repeated his sentence from some years ago when I was just a concubine.

"I've proved everyone including you that I can get rid of my enemies in a very easy way." he quickly understood that I was talking about Kösem.

"So don't do this to yourself Silahtar and don't make me be your enemy." I offered him as he just starred at me.

"Now tell me, where is Murad?" I asked for the last time hoping that he is smart enough to also change his side. He thought for a while and then finally opened his mouth.

"I have no idea." he lied to me again. I stepped a little back since I was standing really close to him and clapped my hands.

"Congratulations, now you have me against you. Be ready and careful." I threatened him.

"So do you Sultanım. Be also careful." he bowed with a grin and left to his chambers while I stood there progressing what he just told me.

He will burn like Kösem did.