More Bad News

"Okay so we have that huge test tomorrow, so what did you get for number five," Ava asked her friends as it had been a few days since they had gotten back from the hospital and they were waiting on the results.

     Ava had quickly fallen back into her normal routine and right now she was studying with her friend while Mal was just quietly playing with her toys next to her as Mal still barely had any energy.

      Ava was interrupted though when her phone rang causing her to groan as she saw it was an unknown number. Ava was going to ignore it until she remembered that she was still waiting on Mal's results.

      Ava just sighed as she hit answer not expecting it to actually be anyone though. Ava was surprised when she heard someone actually answer though. "Hi is this Ava Jalali?" The person on the phone asked Ava making her roll her eyes as she didn't know who was calling.

      "Um yeah who is this?" Ava asked, making the receptionist sigh. "I'm the receptionist at Oregon Children's Hospital. We have Mal Jalali's results and we would like to see you right away," the receptionist told Ava, making her freeze up as she dropped the phone and broke down sobbing.

       Dylan and Caitlin immediately became concerned when they saw Ava break down sobbing on the floor as they quickly ran over to her. "Ava what's going on!" Dylan screamed out in concern.

      Ava just ignored him as she kept sobbing and then grabbed her alcohol as she started chugging it trying to numb the pain. Dylan and Caitlin quickly became more concerned as they ran over to her again.

      "Ava! What are you doing!" Dylan screamed out as he was worried about her. Ava just ignored him again as she kept chugging. "Ava seriously you're freaking us out! What happened!" Caitlin told Ava making her lose it.

       "WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT HAPPENED? REALLY! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! FINE THAT WAS THE HOSPITAL THEY WANNA SEE US RIGHT AWAY! WHY DOES LIFE HATE MY FAMILY SO MUCH! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO MAKE LIFE HATE ME AND MY FAMILY SO MUCH!" Ava screamed out as she continued to just sob and drink.

       Caitlin just ran over and hugged Ava as she wanted to help. "Ava calm down. It's going to be okay," Caitlin told Ava, making hefr scoff as she pushed Caitlin off of her.

         "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT! YOU SAY THAT EVERY TIME! AND EVERY SINGLE TIME IT GETS WORSE!" Ava screamed out making Caitlin sigh as she just wanted to help her friend.

        "Ava I'm just trying to look at the positives," Caitlin began to say, but Ava cut her off not wanting to hear it. "WHAT POSITIVES!  THERE ARE NONE! NOW IF YOU WILL EXCUSE ME I HAVE TO GO!" Ava screamed out as she picked up the toddler and left.

         The small girl just looked at Ava in confusion as she didn't understand what was going on. "Mama why you ma?" Mal asked Ava who sighed as she buckled Mal into her car seat.

        "Mal sweetie it's very complicated," Ava told the toddler who nodded. "Otay! Mama wew we go?" The small girl asked Ava, but quickly started crying when she saw them pull up to the hospital.

       "NO!" The small girl screamed out making Ava sigh. "Mal we have to!" Ava told the toddler who started screaming more, not wanting to go back into the hospital. Ava just sighed as she got out of the car and picked up the screaming toddler.

     "NO! NO! NO!" The small girl screamed out making Ava sigh. "Mal we have to!" Ava screamed out as she just held the thrashing toddler and entered the hospital.

      Ava sighed as she entered the hospital and then sat down in the exam room waiting for the doctor to explain the results that she already knew was gonna be bad.