Staying Calm Is Hard To Do

"Wahhhh! Wahhhh!" Mal cried out in Evie's arms making Evie hold back tears as she kept rocking Mal and trying to help her. She just wanted Ava to get there already because she was just a kid and she had no clue what she was doing at this point.

Alison had tried to help, but she started freaking out leaving Evie a fourteen year old kid in charge of keeping everyone calm. "Hey it's okay Mal. I know. I know. It sucks Mal I know," Evie told the sobbing girl as she continued to try and calm her down.

This continued for a few more minutes until the door finally slammed open and Ava ran inside immediately alerting Alison who ran to Ava. "I don't know what to do! Thank god you're here Ava!" Alison exclaimed as soon as Ava entered the room.

And Carlos ran to Ava as well. "AVA FINALLY! MAL REALLY NEEDS HELP!" Carlos screamed out in panic, making Ava's eyes widen as she got a look at Mal in Evie's arms as she ran over as fast as she could picking up the shaking and extremely pale toddler that was sobbing in pain.

"Oh my gosh! She's burning up! Okay that's it I'm taking her to the hospital now!" Ava screamed out in panic as she took Mal from Evie and the small girl was completely burning up with a fever and she remembered how dangerous it can be for her to have a fever with her extremely weak immune system.

"NO!" The small toddler cried out as she didn't want to go back to the scary hospital. Ava just sighed as she quickly grabbed her keys. "Yes Mal we're going!" Ava told the toddler leaving no argument for the toddler as she wasn't taking no for an answer.

"We're coming too!" Evie quickly told Ava and Carlos nodded in agreement. "Yeah!" Carlos told Ava joining in with Evie to let Evie know that they were united in their stance. Ava just shook her head no as she didn't want to focus on watching all 3 of them and just wanted to focus on Mal.

"No you're not stay here with Alison!" Ava told the two teens not wanting to leave them by themselves, but also not wanting to take them with her as she just wanted to worry about one kid and put all her focus on Mal.

Carlos and Evie both just looked at each other in agreement as they didn't like the way Ava was treating them as if they were babies that needed a babysitter. "But Ava we're not little kids!" Carlos whined out and Evie nodded in agreement as she hated being treated like a child.

"Yeah and we want to see our baby sister!" Evie told Ava backing Carlos up, making Ava become more frustrated as she couldn't deal with this. "I said no! It's safer with less people! Stay here!" Ava told the twins making Carlos more upset as he was sick of Ava acting like she knew everything.

He was the one that took care of Mal longer than she did and now she just came in and stole his job demoting him to a stupid kid. "Ugh this isn't fair! We wanna be there for Mal too!" Carlos whined out again, making Ava lose it.

"CARLOS!" Ava screamed out as a warning for him to shut his mouth or it would be worse. Carlos just groaned as he was about to start arguing more, but Alison stepped in not wanting to see another argument when the main focus should be on the sick toddler.

"Ava is right! It's better if you stay here, but you can visit soon okay," Alison told the two teens who sighed knowing Alison was right even if they didn't want to admit it. "Ugh fine!" Carlos groaned out as he sat back down in his chair giving up on arguing.

"Okay thank you so much for this Alison! I owe you one," Ava told Alison who just hugged Ava close before letting go. "No it's fine Ava. I promised to help you out and that's what I'm going to do. I've got them just focus on helping Mal okay," Alison told Ava who nodded as she quickly left with Mal to the hospital.

Once Ava had left with Mal, Carlos threw his pencil down in frustration as he was sick of it all. "This isn't fair! I'm sick of being treated like a baby! I raised her for 2 years! I dealt with every medical emergency that she has been through! I was the only one there with her when she was in the NICU for 3 months! I should be there with her right now!" Carlos rambled out in frustration as he couldn't take it anymore.

Evie just sighed as she sat down by Carlos. "I agree this isn't fair, but I think Ava is right. It will be easier if Ava doesn't have to focus on all of us and can just focus on Mal. And besides I've seen kids go through that all the time. It's normal I promise. It's just a side effect of Chemo," Evie told her brother trying to help him calm down, but she was also saying it to herself as well.

Evie knew the best thing right now was to keep staying optimistic. "Yeah but then why..." Carlos began, but didn't get to finish as Alison had happened to overhear the twin's conversation and decided to join in.

"Carlos, Ava is taking Mal to the hospital just to make sure that everything is fine just in case, but Evie is most likely right. It's going to be okay. Now just focus on getting that homework done okay," Alison told the young boy trying to help keep the teens calm as she felt bad for the kids.

They were struggling as well, but they were trying to be strong for their baby sister and Alison could see that. She had always been good at reading people. She knew they were trying to act like they were fine, but deep down the two teens were struggling as well.

Carlos just sighed knowing that Alison was right and arguing was just going to make things worse. He just looked back down at his paper deciding to try his homework, but he sighed again in frustration when he realized he didn't know any of the answers.

"Okay fine, but I still don't understand anything!" Carlos screamed out in frustration as he threw another pencil making Evie sigh as she picked up Carlos' pencil and sat down by him looking at his paper.

"Okay come here let me help! Okay now you need to switch this with this! Okay great! See now you're doing it! Good Job!" Evie praised Carlos as she helped him out with his homework knowing that he wasn't just trying to get away with anything and just really needed help.

"Hey I understand this now! Thanks!" Carlos told Evie excitedly as he was finally starting to understand his chemistry assignment making Evie laugh as she loved helping out her brother.

"No problem! Now let's work on the next one!" Evie told Carlos, making him smile as he moved onto the next question. "Okay!" Carlos told Evie who laughed as she continued to help Carlos out with his homework keeping them both busy and occupied, so they weren't focusing on their baby sister who they still didn't know anything about.