An Unexpected Visitor

Ava just glared daggers at the other girl that was trying to tell her how to parent. She didn't even know this girl and she didn't know her yet she had the audacity to act like she did and to shame Ava.

This girl had no clue what Ava was doing to make sure that all her siblings were well taken care of and loved especially Mal. Ava just grabbed April by the arm as she dragged her outside. She would not let April get away with telling her how to parent, but she didn't want her siblings to hear what she was going to say.

"What are you doing," April asked Ava who just rolled her eyes as she continued to drag her outside and to her favorite quiet place. It was where Ava would go to just be alone and break down whenever Mal would have to stay at the hospital as she didn't want Mal to see her break down, but sometimes she just couldn't stop it.

"You think I don't care about them, but I do," Ava quickly told April who just looked around at the place Ava had taken them to. "What is this place," April asked Ava who just sighed as she sat down on the bench and looked at April.

"This is where I come to just let my emotions out sometimes whenever I just can't take it anymore because I have to be strong for them, but I just sometimes it's too much," Ava told April as she looked down and April just sadly nodded as she was starting to feel bad for yelling at Ava, but she was still mad at her for how she was acting back in the hospital room.

"I get that, but that's not an excuse..." April began again, but Ava cut her off as she was trying to get April to understand her, but it was clearly not working.

"I tried to be nice, but it's clearly not working! Yeah well until you have a kid with a deadly disease don't talk to me! Do you know how hard this is! Constantly monitoring her making sure I'm following her medicine and treatment schedule because I can't even mess up once. Because if I do her risk goes up. Even the smallest thing like a cough could be a death sentence with her! And if that isn't hard enough already she hates it she hates it so much and it's hurting her! I have to watch her scream and cry in pain and suffering and I can't do anything about it because this isn't just some bully that I could threaten to stop! It's her own body! On top of the fact that I'm only 20 and I have no job because I'm still in college! And I have two other kids on top of it all that I have to make sure are being fed and taken care of! So no I am not a deadbeat because I know that's what you are thinking right now! I love them all and I am trying so hard but it hurts so much I just need something to make the pain go away!" Ava cried out as she broke down sobbing as she just couldn't hold back.

April just watched Ava as she took in the information immediately regretting going off on her. "I... I... I am so sorry I judged you. I had... no idea I mean with the way it looked I just assumed and I shouldn't have. I am so sorry," April told Ava in her sympathetic voice as she felt horrible for treating Ava like that and she had just jumped to conclusions when she shouldn't have.

It was clear Ava loved her siblings and was trying to be there for them all. She shouldn't have assumed that Ava didn't. Ava just nodded as she wiped away her tears and took a chug of her drink before standing up again.

"It's fine, it's just my life now. Thanks for helping Evie and Mal out and getting them back here safely. I really appreciate that. Anyway I should get back in there now before Mal wakes up. She'll freak out if I'm not there when she wakes up," Ava told April who just nodded sadly as she was feeling bad for the whole Jalali family as it was clear they were all struggling in their own ways.

"Yeah of course no problem and I know we just met but I really feel for you and your family. I want to help, so if you ever needed help just know I'm here. And again I am so sorry for judging you," April told Ava who just nodded as she led them back towards Mal's hospital room.

"So you um... really know your way around this hospital," April awkwardly told Ava trying to make small talk as the silence had been way too uncomfortable and plus she was trying to show Ava that she was actually sorry for treating her the way she did.

"Yeah well when your kid basically lives here you tend to learn your way around," Ava told April who just nodded feeling bad again. "Oh right," April awkwardly told Ava who just sighed as she looked at April.

"You know you don't have to pretend. I already know you're just trying to talk because you feel pity. We can just walk in silence," Ava told April who just looked at her in offense as she was about to say something back when she realized Ava wasn't trying to be rude, but it was clear Ava just didn't want to talk right now.

April just sighed as she continued to follow Ava back to the room this time in silence. When they got back to the room Ava completely froze up as she saw something she never would have imagined she would ever see again.

Sitting down right by Mal's hospital crib was someone Ava never thought she would ever see again and honestly she didn't feel the way she thought she would if she ever saw him again. Ava had been praying for him to come back and now that he was the only thing Ava was feeling was anger and pain as she quickly pushed away her shock and entered Mal's room pulling Carlos and Evie towards her protectively and then sat by Mal protectively as well.

"What are you doing here dad!" Ava defensively asked the man who just smiled as he looked at the 4 siblings plus the other girl just standing awkwardly by the door not knowing what to say or do as she didn't think she should get involved, but something was stopping her from leaving. She just didn't get why.