Leaving The Hospital

Ava smiled a little when she woke up the next day and looked at the adorable little two year old who was cuddled up with her dragon and her bottle while sucking on her pacifier. Ava had to admit she looked so adorable and peaceful.

Ava laughed a little bit when the small girl started to stir as she started to open her eyes and wake up. "Hey sleepy head," Ava told the toddler who smiled a little bit as she tried to rub her eyes, but got confused when she felt the wires making Ava laugh a little as she couldn't help it.

"Mal sweetie you're in the hospital remember. And don't pull those you need them," Ava told the toddler who just nodded. Oh yeah!" The small girl screamed out making Ava laugh a little before getting serious.

"So um... Mal I wanted to talk to you about something," Ava told the toddler as she wanted to talk to Mal about what was going on. The small girl just gave her an innocent smile as she looked up at her. "Otay!" Mal happily told Ava, making her sigh as she couldn't do it.

"Okay I can't do this!" Ava screamed out making the toddler look at her in confusion. "Why no mommy?" The small girl asked Ava, making her sigh as she was about to explain when the door barged open as Carlos had found out about Mal and wanted to see her.

"Mal there you are!" Carlos screamed out as he ran over to the toddler making Ava look at him in shock and confusion as she hadn't seen him since he took off after their fight. "Carlos? What are you doing here?" Ava asked her brother in shock. Carlos just quickly ran over to Ava and hugged her as he broke down crying.

"Ava I messed up! I shouldn't have gotten mad at you! You were only trying to be a good big sister! It's just when you started acting like mom it made me miss her! I felt like you were replacing mom and it hurt! But I shouldn't have done that! And now our baby sister is in the hospital! Ava I'm so sorry for causing you so much stress! I wasn't wrong though! You're not mom," Carlos rambled out making Ava look at him as she was trying to take in all his words.

"I'm not?" Ava asked Carlos a little hurt that he still would say that to her. Carlos just nodded though as he looked at her.

"No because you're better than mom! Mom would never be able to handle all of this! She would have freaked out and probably would have left everything up to you and dad! But Ava you're not giving up and you're not leaving! You're dealing with all of this! And I shouldn't have gotten mad at you for it! I love you Ava! And I'm so glad to have you as my big sister and caretaker!" Carlos told Ava making her break down sobbing as well as she hugged Carlos tightly.

"I'm so scared right now!" Ava admitted to her brother who just nodded as he kept crying on Ava. "I know me too," Carlos told Ava who continued to just hug him as they both cried on each other making the small girl that was watching in confusion get upset as she hated crying.

"No cwy!' The small toddler screamed out making Carlos and Ava laugh as they pulled away from the hug and wiped their tears. Mal just giggled as she looked at her older siblings. "Yay! No mow cwy!" The small girl screamed out happily making Ava and Carlos laugh again.

"You're so silly Mal! And Mal I love you so much!" Ava told the toddler who giggled. "Wob you too!" The small girl told Ava making her smile and Carlos joined in as well. "Yeah and I love you too Mal!" Carlos told the toddler who giggled again.

"Wob you bi dowy!" The small toddler told Carlos, making him laugh as he held back tears again as she used the nickname that she always called him. "Love you too little puppy!" Carlos told the toddler again using his nickname for her this time.

The small toddler just smiled as she looked at her siblings. "We go howm now?" The toddler asked Ava and Carlos making Ava sigh again. "We can't go home yet Mal and Mal I don't know when we're going home," Ava admitted to the toddler making her get upset.