Tears In The Waiting Room

Ava began to pace around in the waiting room as it had been hours since Mal had been rushed back there and they still had given her no information making her feel so nervous and freaked out.

"Why haven't they told me anything! It's been hours!" Ava screamed out as she was starting to lose it. Nobody was telling her what was wrong with her sister and she couldn't take it anymore. Caitlin just sighed as she was terrified about the small girl as well, but didn't want to freak her friend out more.

It was her job as Ava's friend to be there for moral support and to make her feel better not more freaked out. "Ava she's gonna be fine," Caitlin tried to tell Ava who just collapsed to the floor and started sobbing again.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! I can... I can't....I can't lose... lose... her! She's all I have left! And I love her so much!" Ava sobbed out hysterically as she had probably just lost any connection that she had with her brother after their fight and Mal really was all she had left.

Caitlin just sighed as she pulled Ava close to her just letting her cry on her again. "I know Ava come here! I know this is hard, but you don't have to do this alone," Caitlin told Ava, trying to show her that she wasn't alone, making Ava start crying more as she was feeling guilty again.

Caitlin and Dylan were always very supportive, but she just kept pushing them away. She didn't really understand why she did it, but she was pretty sure it was due to the fact that she was afraid of getting close to people and then losing them again as that always happened with her.

Ava just looked at Caitlin. "I don't get it why do you care so much about me! I mean all I've ever done is yell at you and Dylan," Ava told Caitlin who just nodded sadly as she knew Ava was right, but she also knew that Ava was just hurting and she had been through a lot.

"Yeah but you're still our friend and we care about you and your family. And Ava, Mal is gonna be fine," Caitlin told Ava who just started crying even more as she started thinking about the small girl and how much she loved her.

Ava couldn't handle it if she lost her. "But what if she's not! She's practically a baby still! She's so little!" Ava sobbed out again making Caitlin just nod as she just held Ava again and let her cry all over her not caring about the tear stains Ava was sure to leave.

A few minutes later Dylan came running in as Caitlin had called him and told him what happened, making him drop everything as he rushed to the hospital to be there for Ava and Mal.

"Ava how is she! Caitlin called me and said Mal was in the hospital!" Dylan told Ava in panic making her just nod as tears continued to fall down her face. "Yeah and they won't tell us anything!" Ava screamed out as she just wanted to know if her sister would be okay or not.

Dylan just sighed as he sat down by Ava and Caitlin and hugged Ava. "She's gonna be fine. We just have to be optimistic!" Dylan told Ava who just started crying more. "That's hard to do!" Ava screamed out as she was starting to lose hope.

Ava was never really an optimist and this whole situation was just making it worse. A few more minutes later Alison came running over as she too had been informed about the small girl and had quickly rushed over as well.

Alison knew how scary it was to have a child in the hospital as she was a mom herself and had a few scares when it came to her girls. It was never anything serious, but it was still a scary feeling to have a child in the hospital and she just knew Ava really needed support right now.

Not only that, but Alison had bonded with the small girl as Mal was basically glued to Ava's side as she never went anywhere without her. And Mal had even had playdates with her daughters whenever Emily would visit with the girls.

Lily and Grace loved Mal and they even referred to her as their bestfriend. To learn that something could happen to the innocent little girl that not only she had bonded with, but her daughters had too was just terrifying and heart breaking.

Alison just hugged Ava close to her, making Ava hug her back as she broke down sobbing again as she really wished she wasn't having to go through this and especially all by herself.

"I heard what happened! Is she okay!" Alison asked Ava who just started sobbing harder. "They won't tell me anything! I'm so scared," Ava cried out as she was just getting more and more terrified as more and more time kept passing with still no information.

Alison just nodded as she knew this was hard and just wanted to help Ava. "Hey it's gonna be alright. From one mother to another," Alison began to say, but Ava just completely lost it after that as she didn't deserve that title.

"That's just it! I'm not a mom! Carlos is right! I'm just not meant to be a mom!" Ava screamed out hysterically as she was blaming herself. It was her fault for ignoring everything. She just pushed away warning signs acting as though they were normal.

It was her fault. Alison just sighed as she looked at the broken girl. "Ava that's not true," Alison began to say again, but Ava just lost it again as Alison just didn't want to hurt her feelings, but she knew in her heart that it was her fault.

"YES IT IS! Mal is here because I couldn't tell that something was wrong! YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!" Ava screamed out as she refused to believe that it wasn't her fault. Alison just sighed again as she held Ava closer to her.

"Ava it's not true! Trust me as someone with kids making mistakes is part of being a parent," Alison told Ava trying to help her see that it wasn't her fault and she should stop blaming herself. It wasn't Ava's fault and she knew that, but she knew Ava wouldn't stop thinking that it was.

Ava just nodded as she started crying more. "I just want her to be okay! You're right she is my baby! I can't lose her!" Ava screamed out as Mal was her baby now. Mal wasn't just her little sister Mal was her daughter.

She loved Mal so much and she couldn't handle losing her. They continued to just sit in the waiting room all just staying silent as they didn't know what to say. About twenty minutes later the doctor finally came out causing Ava to quickly run over in panic.

"Are you the family of Mal Jalali," the doctor asked Ava who just quickly nodded. "Yes that's me! I'm the one raising her! What's wrong with her!" Ava screamed out in panic making the doctor sigh as she looked over at Ava.

"Come with me, so we can talk in private," the doctor told Ava, making her quickly fill with fear as that was never a good sign when a doctor wanted to speak in private. Ava just nodded as she quickly followed the doctor already dreading what was coming.