Kenzi's Guidance- Maddie Ziegler

//The sequel of What?//

//Kenzi's POV//

Watching Maddie crumble day by day was something Kenzi couldn't handle for more than three days. Maddie and Y/N had broken up due to Abby, and Kenzi was not happy about it. So now, she was storming Abby's office...in her mind. In reality, she was making her way to Abby's office, lightly knocking on the white colored door. The smaller female could hear Abby ask what in a defeated tone. After yelling at kids for hours a day, it really took a toll on her vocal chords. Kenzi slowly came in, closing the door behind her. Neither Y/N nor Maddie knew Kenzi was doing this, she needed to figure this out for their sake. Abby turned around in her office chair as the cap of her pen was sitting against her temple. She was clearly stressed, but Kenzi had to find this out.

"May I ask something, Miss Abby?" She asked politely, not wanting to upset her before she asked the question. Kenzi knew she wasn't Abby's favorite, and she didn't want to make matters worse for herself.

"What is it Mackenzie?" She asked as she went back to her papers, checking off a few boxes as Kenzi sat down on an unoccupied chair. She balled up her hands, gaining confidence as she knew cameras weren't on her, but mics were listening outside.

"Why did you break up Y/N and Maddie? They were so good together and you never even gave them a chance! If you would've just seen them together, you would've-" Abby put her hand up, causing Kenzi to lose her voice as Abby turned towards her, for once looking like she wouldn't yell, which gave Kenzi great relief.

"Mackenzie. It wasn't good for them, especially for their age. They need to be focused on their career and their dance. They'll understand when they're older and so will you." She spoke as she tried to wave Kenzi away, but it wasn't working. Kenzi was not going to act like that wasn't a justifiable answer.

"I understand that they deserve to be happy! I understand that dance makes them happy and they love to do it! But I also understand that they made each other happy in a way dance could never! And that's what worries you! You worry that they aren't going to need you! What I understand is that Maddie has been a mess for three days and I haven't heard from Y/N because of your decision!" Kenzi yelled as she stood up, the people outside getting surprised at how protective Kenzi was being for her sister. Abby stood up, fuming now, and that concerned Kenzi in that moment.

"Mackenzie Frances Ziegler sit down!" The taller female yelled, making Kenzi sit down in an instant. She felt like she was in trouble when she had broken a glass when she was younger, or when she'd spilt the milk all over the floor. Abby sat down as she sighed, running a hand over her face.

"Yes, I don't want them together. I'm not saying their feelings aren't valid, I'm saying it's not good for the future. Y/N and Maddie need to work on their careers. As do you." She spoke calmly, and it only made Kenzi more upset. Kenzi couldn't understand how Abby couldn't see how much they loved each other.

"We're getting older! Relationships are going to happen! You can't hide that from us! We're growing up!" Kenzi exclaimed, watching Abby basically self implode.

"I KNOW!" She screamed, making Kenzi jump at how loud Abby was. Maybe she didn't get the whole part of the story.

"You kids are growing up, and that scares me. I remember you came in here, and I could hold you in one arm. Now I don't even have to bend over when I hug you. It means you guys are moving on, and I'm afraid. That's why I don't want Maddie and Y/N together. It shows that they're growing up. That they don't need this studio. That they don't need me. It's showing me that the kids I've known since they were babies..aren't babies anymore.." She spoke as Abby teared up, making Kenzi sit down as she processed this more. This wasn't because Abby didn't approve, it made her realize just how old they were getting.

"Miss Abby, just because Y/N and Maddie are together, doesn't mean they don't need you any less. And they're still kids. You need to let loose a little more with them, they aren't eight anymore. My parents had to loosen the reigns and so did Y/N's parents. It doesn't mean they don't still need them." Kenzi spoke as she gently placed her hand on top of Abby's, Abby looking over to the young woman and feeling tears roll down her cheeks.

"It amazes me how much you've grown." Abby spoke as she pulled Kenzi into a hug, happy that they had talked about this. The two slowly pulled from the hug, Abby wiping her tears as she looked down to Kenzi.

"Go tell Maddie and Y/N..that if they're happy..I'm happy." She spoke as Kenzi grew excited, hugging Abby before running out, not even caring about the camera people right outside the door. Kenzi had to tell Maddie and Y/N that they could be happy, and not a moment later.

//Time skip//

Kenzi had gotten Maddie and Y/N into the same room, both of them had tear stained cheeks and blood shot eyes. They were clearly both torn about this, and it was hard for Kenzi to watch.

"I just came to say that I talked with Abby...She wants the best for you two. So, if you two are happy, she's happy." She spoke as she stood up, making Maddie and Y/N look up at the younger female.

"So..Abby's okay with it?" Y/N asked quietly, and it was obvious it was the first few words she'd said in three days. Maddie looked to her younger sister, hoping that she was telling the truth.

"As long as you two are." Kenzi stated before she slipped out of the room, leaving Maddie and Y/N to it.

"So..do you want to..get back together?" Maddie asked shyly as she messed with her hoodie sleeves, Y/N coming over and hugging Maddie tight, never wanting to let go of her again.

//This is long overdue and I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think!//