My Light Pt.2- Mack Z

//Go read part 1! Kenzie performs the song on tour!//

//Y/N's POV//

This was the first time I was going on tour with Kenzie, and it was really nerve wracking. You weren't performing, but being in front of cameras in general kinda scared you. Knowing that they could photograph anything and make up any rumor based on one photo. That was what scared you, being in the spotlight. But knowing that Kenzie was gonna be there with you made your worries flow away instantly, knowing that your love was gonna be standing next to you the whole way.

Currently, you were both sitting in the tour bus, Kenzie was pacing through the bus trying to get ready. With your relationship status being released to the world after this performance, she was really worried. Kenzie didn't want you getting any hate, and you didn't want Kenzie getting hurt by comments from fans. You stopped her in her tracks, gently grabbing her by her shoulders to stop her.

"Kenzie, take a breath. You're gonna be great. Just have fun when you hit that stage. Don't think about what everyone else is gonna think. Focus on you. Okay?" You spoke, watching Kenzie take a breath and relax. Soon, you were both at the concert, and Kenzie was doing last minute warm ups and touch ups. You thought she looked adorable. She was wearing a bright red sports bra with matching red sweatpants, paired with black shoes and her hair was straightened. Really, you just wanted to hug, cuddle and kiss your girlfriend all night long, but you couldn't, sadly. All you could do was go and watch your baby out on stage, and you were in no way complaining.

-Timeskip to concert-

//Y/N's POV//

You were standing backstage, watching your girlfriend absolutely kill it on stage. Your cheeks were so red, not sure of how this gorgeous and talented girl was your girlfriend. You knew majority of the songs, the ones you didn't know where the new ones she wouldn't tell you about. Normally, Kenzie would go from one song straight to the next, but she stopped after 'Monsters', which confused you a little bit. She grabbed hold of the mic and started speaking out to the crowd.

"First of all, I wanna thank everyone that came out tonight. It means so much to me that all of you made the trip to see this, so thank you..." She spoke, letting the crowd die down before she got a little awkward. You'd seen that expression before, but it was normally when she flunked a test.

"Now this next song is a new song, you guys will be the first to hear it. It's about a person.." She trailed off, looking back to you as she smiled, continuing on as she kept looking at you.

"A person who has helped me through the most difficult times, a person that has made me laugh, and helped me when I cried. A person who means so much to me, and is my inspiration. This is.." She trailed off, going off stage and taking the mic with her, grabbing your hand with her other. You were so surprised by how many people were there, and your cheeks were so red. Then Kenzie grabbed an acoustic guitar and sat down on a stool, making you do the same.

"This is 'My Light'" She spoke, beginning to sing. It was the most beautiful song you had ever heard, and you were crying before the chorus had even begun. Everyone was swaying their arms in the air, their phones with the flash on. You knew your crying looked so ugly, but you didn't care. The moment Kenzie finished the song and set the guitar down, you hugged her tight. She laughed happily, gently pecking your lips and wiping away your tears as the fans went crazy. Then she turned back to the crowd.

"I think he/she/they liked it." She spoke happily, her arm gently around your shoulders as yours were around her waist. And she was definitely wrong. You didn't like it, you loved it.

//Holy crap this was long. I hope you liked this!//