What?- Maddie Ziegler

//When Abby doesn't approve//

//Y/N's POV//

You were really proud of Maddie. She was finally ready to tell Abby that you two were together. And you really hoped she'd approve, since you were both her students. Of course, she liked Maddie more than you, but she still liked you too. Truthfully, you were the one terrified, Maddie was the one hyping you up, even though it had been different roles for so long. Her arms were on your shoulders, moving from there to cup your cheeks and move back. Maddie's smile never ceased to make you fall in love with her all over again, and that was what was giving you the confidence.

"Cmon Y/N. It'll be fine. Abby will love us together, promise." She smiled, even though both of you knew it was a promise she couldn't make. Slowly, you nodded your head, letting out a big sigh.

"Alright, let's go to the lions den." You teased, making both of you laugh as you both knocked on the door to studio A. You soon heard an approval to come in, both of you taking off your shoes before making your way over to Abby.

"What do you two want? I'm busy." She spoke, and you could understand Abby's ambitious nature. You moved to gently loop your pinky around Maddie, something Abby often didn't notice.

"We...We wanted to tell you we're.." You spoke, your voice wavering as your confidence flew out the window. There was no way you could do this. Thank god for Maddie.

"We wanted to tell you we're together. Like, dating. What do you think, Miss Abby?" She asked, her big bright blue eyes gazing at Abby, waiting in anticipation. The moment Abby started shaking her head, your heart dropped to the floor.

"No. Maddie has too much on her plate to balance this distraction as well. You have videos, interviews, magazines, competitions and photoshoots to do. Sorry kids, but if you wanna stay on this team, you gotta knock this off. Am I clear?" She spoke stern, as you nodded your head, bowing it as tears formed in your eyes. But you were not gonna cry in that studio, you never had and you took pride in that. Abby snapped her head at you, she hated it when kids bowed their heads.

"Am I understood Y/N?!" She spoke a little louder, making you nod and squeak out an answer, picking your head up.

"Yes!" You squeaked out, Abby pointing to the door as tears dropped the moment you turned your back. Maddie was much better at controlling her emotions and putting on the brave face. She turned back to Abby with a smile, trying to act like the bigger person.

"Thank you for your time, Miss Abby." She stated, closing the door once both of you had your shoes on. You immediately ran to the bathroom, collapsing as you had the hardest sacrifice of your life. Giving up Maddie Ziegler. There was no way you could make Maddie quit the team for you, throwing away all her opportunities earned in and from that studio. Maddie hugged you, letting you rest your head on her shoulder. She rocked the two of you, having silent tears go down her cheeks.

"W-We can't d-do this.." You stuttered out, your breathing all over the place. Maddie immediately shook her head no, hugging you much tighter. You knew you were breaking Maddie's heart in that moment, but you had to do this for the sake of her future.

"Maddie...You have so many opportunities ahead of you. I can't be selfish and tell you to give all of that up for me, when we don't even know if this will work. It sucks...and I do love you. God I love you.." You spoke, making Maddie giggle as you gently tucked her hair behind her ear, her face red and tear stained. It broke your heart to see it, but this was for the best. That was all you could tell yourselves.

"But this is for the best. There is one thing I want first." You spoke, making Maddie's doe eyes look at you. Gently cupping her cheeks, you studied every feature of her face. Her big eyes, button nose, her blemish free face and the absent smile from her mouth. You leaned forward a little more, closing your eyes as you gently pressed your lips to hers. If you two had to break up, you had to get one kiss from Maddie Ziegler before you couldn't anymore. She pulled away, tearing up even more as she realized she wouldn't be able to kiss you anymore.

"Had to get one. Since it's the last time I'll be able to." You spoke, getting up and wiping your tears before leaving the stall, hearing Maddie's sobs as you walked out. There was no way you would be able to look Maddie in the eyes for a long time.

//I hope you guys liked this! Part 2 coming out soon! Feel free to request stuff!//