Personal Ad- Kendall K

//You take out a personal ad, inspired by Escape (the Pina Colada song)//

//Y/N's POV//

Sitting alone and reading the paper at my young 20's was honestly kind of sad, but there wasn't much else to do. It was 11pm and you had done everything you needed that day. These were the days where you really missed being on Dance Moms, just being able to go to the girls for anything, and they'd always be there. Flipping the page, you let out a sigh, thinking back on the memories that had ended five years ago. Your mother had had enough of Abby and pulled you out of Dance Moms, you never got a formal goodbye. And you tried to keep the friendships with the girls, but Abby and your mother drove a huge wedge in between you and the group. The only way you could even see them was just watching the show, but there was one person you still loved watching on the show. Kendall. She was your best friend on the show, not to mention your super big crush on her back then. But that was years ago. She probably didn't even know who you were anymore. Soon enough, you had stumbled upon the personal ad, which you normally didn't bat an eye at. But tonight...it was different. One stuck out to you.

'If you like Pina Colada's, getting caught in the rain, if you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain, if you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of a cape, I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape' It read, and you knew the next day you were putting in a personal ad. Something seemed so familiar about the ad, but you couldn't place it. You would just have to find out.

//Timeskip//

//Y/N's POV//

It was the next night, and you were reading the paper again, searching for your response. Then you saw it, bringing a smile to your face. Using your entire lunch break to write it was definitely worth it. English and writing classes always sucked for you, but you thought you had done pretty good.

'Yes, I like Pina Colada's, getting caught in the rain, I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne. I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon, cut through all this red tape. Blue Water Valley, where we'll plan our escape.' The place you had mentioned was right next to your apartment, in case of good or bad experiences. But honestly, you were tired of it just being your pet and you. You wanted something different, and hopefully tomorrow would be the change.

//Timeskip//

//Y/N's POV//

You had walked into the small diner, dressed in the best clothes you could find. Then you saw her. Kendall Vertes. She had on a green crop top that brought out the green in her hazel eyes, black shorts and she had glasses on. It had been so long, you almost didn't recognize her.

"Kendall?" You asked quietly, seeing her head whip around as she smiled happily. Hopefully, you weren't interrupting anything, but at the same time you didn't care. It had been five years, whoever she was with could wait a minute or five. She pulled you into a hug, and you had missed it so much.

"Y/N! How have you been? It's been so long!" She exclaimed, your eyes tearing up, so happy that she was even near you again. You gently wiped away your tears, unable to get the smile off of your face.

"I'm doing good. How are you? Why are you here?" You asked, figuring Kendall would be a big shot on Broadway or in LA by now. Not in your tiny town, in a small diner that barely had any business besides yourself and Kendall.

"Oh! I'm here to meet someone! I kinda..wrote out an ad, so I'm just waiting." You could tell she was embarrassed by what she was saying, so you only teased her a little.

"Since when does Kendall K like Pina Colada's?" You cocked an eyebrow as Kendall got up for another hug, gesturing for the seat next to you. Let's just say, your apartment was never empty after that.

//I know this probably sucks, but I just love this song. And I just came up with Blue Water Valley cause I couldn't remember the actual name. Hope you liked it!//