41🌻

Aliyah|Queen

"And I wish that bitch would." I sass to my brother over FaceTime.

"Man, that ain't the point. You gotta come!" It's been almost two weeks since I left the hospital and my "family" is already having a cookout. Right now, my brother was sitting with my favorite cousins trying to convince me to come.

"No I don't. I don't fuck with them folks." I straight faced him.

"Yo family cook good grilled food?" Kentrell asked out of nowhere.

"It's straight." I shrugged.

"Big Ma here."

"I go see Big Ma all the time." I waved him off.

"There go that nigga Trey, wassup man?" My brother daps him up, making the camera shake.

"Hey Trey." I wave at him, and Ken looked at the screen.

"Who that? Yo cousin or some?"

"Didn't you used to go with him, Liyah?" My cousin Caleb asked.

"Did you?" Kentrell asked. I busted out laughing, but he was serious.

"Yeah, in like—middle school, babe. You got exes and I got exes." He just mumbled as he got out of the bed.

"Whatchu doing?" I asked as he put his shirt on and grabbed his keys.

"We finna go to the cookout."

"Yeahhhh tell her Yb!" My brother hyped him up.

"Shut up Ant. And I'm not going nowhere." I said, muting the phone.

"Yes we are." He said, picking Princess up and putting a sock on her foot.

"We gone go see your boujee ass Grandaddy and grandmama." He cooed to her as he put her in the seat.

"You deadass finna make me drive to the other side of Baton Rouge because I got a ex."

"Yep."

"Hell no, you got me fucked up."

"Nah, you got me fucked up. Talking to me like that—" I screamed when he pulled me by one ankle to the bottom of the bed. I struggled as he threw me over his shoulder.

"Dude, what?" I hit his strong neck ass as he picked up the seat with one arm. "How your little ass that strong?" I laugh as he goes out of the bedroom door.

"Aight, you made your point. Put me down. We scrapping if you drop us." He put me down but put my wrist in a tight grip as we walked to the car and he strapped her in.

"Yeen gone let me drive?" I asked him.

"No, imma save you an ass whooping." He said monotonously as he shut the passenger door.
*

I hate this nigga. I sulked behind him, ignoring the stares I was getting. I bucked at one nigga before we went inside. He grabbed my hand like he saw me buck.

"There he go, go speak." I just looked at him like he was dumb.

"What?" He nudged me upward.

"Hey Trey." I get his attention.

"Look who decided to pull up! Hey ma." He smiled back and hugged me.

"How you been?"

"Good. You going to college?" This nigga grew up nicely.

"Yeah, I'm going to University of Alabama—but don't tell nobody. I'm supposed to be 'deciding' next week." He smiled, leaning against the counter.